Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im new to the nation and i just had a question. Has anyone owned or dealt with the Prolock anti theft system? I have it on my 1995 F-350 and ive had a few problems with it and then now my truck is dead and wont even turn over. I think it could be that but I dont know. Also the reason my truck died in the first place is because the oil pressure got to low and the kill switch engaged. thought maybe an oil sensor? does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

·
PSN's resident Blue Man
238 Posts
It's been a LONG time, but I think I removed one of those ProLock systems from a truck I worked on. IIRC, it was a simple fix: simply remove the box from the wiring harness and splice the wire back together. It was a fancy starter kill relay, nothing more. Depending on how old your system is, it might also have some extra wiring with it, but nothing too complicated. Just pull it all out and splice back any original wiring that's been cut.

The starter wire should be a red/blue stripe wire off the ignition switch.

As for the oil pressure, I really don't know about OBS trucks, but SD's don't have any low-oil protection from the electronics. If the oil pressure doesn't keep the HPO system full, the injectors simply stop working.

Hope that helps :ford:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts