·
don't play well w others
4,167 Posts
Depends. My 06 e450 is still 8 x 160. It's a Dana 80

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
The 04.cab and chassis rearend i got out of an e450 8x6.5 but was 2 inches wider then my f350 rearend.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
8,281 Posts
Ok but isn't the van rear ends off set to one side.

·
Native Texan
9,071 Posts
So are the obs trucks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Native Californian
413 Posts
Your SRW will be fine. Ask me how I know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
646 Posts
BBslider - how do you know? ;) I have had a gooseneck trailer behind my truck with a 13.5k forklift on it and I did just fine coming home on a very hot August afternoon (gross trailer was around 19.5k - truck, kids, tools and load I was 27.4k). Just be careful in windy conditions.

Reactions: BBslider001

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,587
It's going to have about 3500# of tongue weight and I estimate about 17k# loaded, making me about 24k# rolling.

I'm definitely going to try and tow it home as is, and I'm sure that will tell me a lot of how it feels. I'm within weight ratings on everything except my GCVWR, including tires and wheel ratings, I'm just worried about stability.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
In the midst of all this chaos going on, I just bought the Snow Stage 3 Water/Meth kit 🤣 🤣

My wife hates me... lol

·
Registered
646 Posts
Duallys (or is it duallies) are definitely more stable.
Really? I thought all dually f350s were Dana 80s? They made a sterling 10.5 in a DRW?
I purchased a Sterling 10.5 DRW a few years back, pulled the spacers off and stuck it under my old 87. I didn't think Ford used the Dana 80 in the F350s until a long time later. Live and learn. In my own truck I would like a Dana 80 in a single wheel configuration. I'm interested in the axle more for its upgraded tow capacity. Though when you look at the 2020 tow capacities on the Fords the Sterling is still pretty impressive.

Edit: brain is still asleep this morning.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,590
I know the sterling 10.5 is rated plenty high enough for anything I will hook up to it, I remember reading somewhere than Visteon rates the Sterling 10.5 at 9000lbs or something.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,592
Where are you seeing the load capacity on those websites?

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
I'll look at my door tag when I get home and see what the dana 80 DRW is rated at

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,594
The door sticker is misleading because the GAWR is just the combined tire rating, not the axle rating.

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
Hmmmmm

·
Registered
646 Posts
I can't remember where I saw the weight rating for the 2 axles. I'll do some research this evening to see if I can find the link or document. The drivetrainshop site gives the input torque ratings of the various axles. As yes the door stick is deceiving as it is the weight capacity of the tires not the axle. I run 285/76r16 on mine which are 3750# per tire. Calculated that way I can load 4000# in the bed and not max out the tires.

·
PSN intsigator
6,861 Posts
I can't remember where I saw the weight rating for the 2 axles. I'll do some research this evening to see if I can find the link or document. The drivetrainshop site gives the input torque ratings of the various axles. As yes the door stick is deceiving as it is the weight capacity of the tires not the axle. I run 285/76r16 on mine which are 3750# per tire. Calculated that way I can load 4000# in the bed and not max out the tires.
Where do you find the 285/76 tires

·
Registered
646 Posts
Like I said... Brain is still not at full speed this morning. Thanks Doc!:D That would be 285/75r16.

·
Project Shamu
2,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,600
Gooseneck pinbox design, once I get the trailer I'll finalize the drawing and make it. I have to do something like this because of my bed height being too high, so no 5th wheel hitch will fit, and I don't want to lift the trailer.

Cant wait!
20200717_201852.jpg

Reactions: Shovel
1581 - 1600 of 1613 Posts