Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1481 - 1500 of 1553 Posts

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,481
I just semi-finished the drawing for a Modular flatbed for the OBS trucks. It starts out like this, and you can add options from there (Air bag mounts, bumper hitch, gooseneck hitch, fuel cell, lights, stakesides, etc)

Best part, it weighs 587lbs, only about 100lbs more than a stock bed.

Basic Flatbed.jpeg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I just semi-finished the drawing for a Modular flatbed for the OBS trucks. It starts out like this, and you can add options from there (Air bag mounts, bumper hitch, gooseneck hitch, fuel cell, lights, stakesides, etc)

Best part, it weighs 587lbs, only about 100lbs more than a stock bed.

View attachment 200746
How much for the basic bed wired and lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483
How much for the basic bed wired and lights

Not sure if I can openly post pricing since I'm not a vendor, but then again I doubt I have any vendors to compete with in this category.

Message me for details.

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,487
Well the crickets in here starting to pile up haha.

I've almost finished putting together all the parts for the 08 axle to go in, and my god it's so many parts...
Bilstein 5100s front and rear
New ball joints
New heim steering
New track bar joint and bushing
All new wheel studs
New axle seals
Hub rebuild kit
Blue top steering box
Rotors
New calipers
Hawk pads
Nuts and bolts (omg so many nuts and bolts, and they're expensive as sh*t!)
And probably so much more that I've already forgotten.

Im taking pics and Hope to have it installed soon...

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
Lately I've been buying the grade 8's on amazon. Cheaper than the box store, and a better selection

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
We have a store here called Orscheln Farm & Home and they sell by the lb nusts bolts and washers can buy alot of nuts and bolts that way

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,490
Alot of the stuff I need is specially stuff, real oddball lengths and sizes, thin nylock nuts, etc. I get it all on mcmaster usually

·
don't play well w others
4,003 Posts
I used to have a McMaster's account long time ago.
I forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,494
I’m still fairly new on here and I was talking to you about flat beds on my build I had no idea you build them regularly. Your bed looks sick on there! That’s the style I want on mine.

Haha, yeah i have built a few, it's an ever changing thing for me, constantly coming up with new ideas. Let me know if you need anything

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,495
Well, I've been working on a lot of stuff, and here is one of those things. I got to scan the knuckle for the 08 Dana 60, and then make a new steering arm for the drag link and tie rod. The relocation allows me to do a couple things, namely, my tie rod can now stay straight, and not come into contact with the diff cover, even at extreme turning angles. Another big thing that I was trying to accomplish with this, is I was able to nail a true "Perfect Ackerman", which if you are unfamiliar, it is something that affects steering and low speed handling, do some google/youtube searches, and you'll find a bunch of info on it. It also allows me to have a true double shear on both heim joints, which is a big plus.

Weld On High Steer 1.png
Weld On High Steer 2.png

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
wow that 3D scanner is accurate!!

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,498
Well yesterday I finally installed 4.30's into my 10.5. I finally got fed up with the 3.73s and towing heavy on the last trip that I went ahead and ordered it. I set it up myself and a friend and everything came out awesome. RPMS went from 1600 at 65mph with 3.73's to 2100 with 4.30's. Feels much more torquey and I'm very happy.

Hope to get the new front axle in with matching gears soon.

·
Administrator
8,240 Posts
Man I’m so jealous. I’m running 3.73 gears and 37’s and it blows.

·
Project Shamu
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,500
Man I’m so jealous. I’m running 3.73 gears and 37’s and it blows.
I didnt think it was going to be that bad, but I do have 35s and towing 13k through the hills is brutal lol I couldn't imagine having a 2" taller tire on top of that lol

1481 - 1500 of 1553 Posts