Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we go guys, I am taking the leap and BUILDING(not fixing) my truck back. I bought a donor truck last night, 94 F250 RCLB 4x4 5 speed, this will be what I use to convert mine to a 5 speed and I will use some misc. parts off of it that I will need. Then I will part it out. Any way, here are the plans.

DIY Efuel
Intercooler
Turbo
Put sycros in the new tranny
Valair clutch
Headstuds
910 comp springs
push rods
D60 swap
110v IDM mod
Live tuned at Beans
and whatever else I can think of...LOL

I will be posting pics and asking a lot of questions i.e. How the F*** do I do this tranny swap, where can I get the best deals on parts, and Efuel related questions.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rainy snowy weather and a death in the family have me post poned at the time. However, I do have the bed ready to pull off. That will make it easier for me to fab up my EFuel and also the frame shop said they would prefer it off as well. Soon as the weather breaks I will get the tranny out and and the interior. The interior is coming out in order to sound proof it and it will make it easier to remove the pedal assembly, steering column.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be doing the firewall for sure as I want the truck to be as quite as possible so it will be more pleasurable on long trips. I also will be posting plenty of pics. I just haven't had time to do anything yet. Its been raining constantly and the wife's uncle that pass swayed has slowed me down to. We are trying to get all his stuff cleaned out of his house and ready to sell it.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I am going to be getting a 6.0 inter cooler in the mail soon. I also bought a super duty fuel pump, it is the aftermarket one that starts with a w I can't per ounce it or I would spell it. Lmao. Anyway gotta go start a bank account after work today so I can put my truck money in it and horsing parts won't interfere with my personal account. Where can I order the sound proofing material and what is a good brand. I want to put 2 layers in the cab. Also who sells transmission synchronizers?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Well I am going to be getting a 6.0 inter cooler in the mail soon. I also bought a super duty fuel pump, it is the aftermarket one that starts with a w I can't per ounce it or I would spell it. Lmao. Anyway gotta go start a bank account after work today so I can put my truck money in it and horsing parts won't interfere with my personal account. Where can I order the sound proofing material and what is a good brand. I want to put 2 layers in the cab. Also who sells transmission synchronizers?
everyone has their own personal opinions as to what you should use as sound proofing. I used RAAM Mat http://www.raamaudio.com/ and then you will want to cover everything with closed cell foam, cheapest Ive found is the 1/8" from this place http://www.closedcellfoams.com/polyethylene-foam-roll.html

As for your saying you want to put 2 layers. When putting the sound deadening material, you really only need to have 25% coverage on all flat surfaces. Anything more than that is overkill. All that does is stop the vibration, the closed cell foam is what actually kills the noise. With the foam you want 100% coverage

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
everyone has their own personal opinions as to what you should use as sound proofing. I used RAAM Mat http://www.raamaudio.com/ and then you will want to cover everything with closed cell foam, cheapest Ive found is the 1/8" from this place http://www.closedcellfoams.com/polyethylene-foam-roll.html

As for your saying you want to put 2 layers. When putting the sound deadening material, you really only need to have 25% coverage on all flat surfaces. Anything more than that is overkill. All that does is stop the vibration, the closed cell foam is what actually kills the noise. With the foam you want 100% coverage

Thanks for the details...one question...when you say 25% coverage, what exactly do you cover? I am going to cover the whole floor and as far under the dash as I can get without removing it. I am also going to put something on the doors behind the panels and do the fire wall.

On another note, I picked up the fuel pump from my buddy today and he is bring me a bracket as well. I think thats a good deal for 50 bucks lol. I have a appointment the 3rd week of this month to get the frame fixed. Then it will be nose to the grinding stone trying to get everything done.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
lets use your door skin for example. You only need to cover 25% of the total of that area to effectively deaden it. Obviously near the edges is going to resonate much less than the dead center of the skin, you want to put the material in places where it will have the most impact. Corners, ridges, edges etc dont need the material. Remember, the deadener does exactly that, the foam, which you want 100% coverage on is what quiets the road noise etc.

On your doors, deaden the inside of the skin as necessary as well as the inner part behind the door panel. Then you want to seal that whole panel covering the holes with the foam.

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much of the sound deadner and closed cell foam do you think I will need? I got a 6.0 intercooler in the mail. Now I need pipes and spyder, any ideas guys I can send paypal asap!

The weather here has been terrible, we have just now started to get a break from the rain and snow. I am going to have the frame straightened before I start put anything on the truck. Hope to have interior out this weekend and off to frame shop next week. In the mean time I will be stripping the donor truck of the tranny and ordering the 3rd gear syncro and valair clutch. Any ideas on where to get the syncro and clutch for a good-great deal?

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Truck still sits like this.....

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
How much of the sound deadner and closed cell foam do you think I will need? I got a 6.0 intercooler in the mail. Now I need pipes and spyder, any ideas guys I can send paypal asap!

The weather here has been terrible, we have just now started to get a break from the rain and snow. I am going to have the frame straightened before I start put anything on the truck. Hope to have interior out this weekend and off to frame shop next week. In the mean time I will be stripping the donor truck of the tranny and ordering the 3rd gear syncro and valair clutch. Any ideas on where to get the syncro and clutch for a good-great deal?
Get the FULL syncro, bearing and seal kit. Dan from Midwest trans will hook you up("sogrand" on here)

I bought my clutch right from Valair

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

I'm not sure just how much sound deadener, as for the foam. Its fairly inexpensive, plan on covering every inch of the truck. From the firewall, to the back window, over the doors, and roof too. I think it comes in a 5' width, so you can easily estimate with a tape measure

·
I be strokin'
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Finally got some work done on her today. I got the bed off LOL. I am going to get the interior out by this weekend. What is a good way to clean the frame up so I can POR 15 and paint it. I really dont want to remove the fuel lines and brake lines and all that other crap in there.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts