Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1997 F250, 7.3/E4OD/92 F350 D60/Sterling
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Finally got some time to break down the motor. It's going to the machine shop tomorrow.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Native Californian
645 Posts
Don't leave that roll of shop towels back there! Those things are not to be wasted.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Engine 8s still at the machine shop. I knew it was going to take a while. So I've been doing some other little projects done. Got the hydroboost installed and hooked up. Going to rebuild the rear limited slip and replace bearings and seals while I'm in there. And, of course, rebuild the rear brakes. I'll do u-joints on the drive shafts while I'm at it. That'll probably carry me through to September.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Got the message that the engine is ready. Going to pick it up this next week. I have to schedule getting the transmission into the shop as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Got some good news. Talked to the state offices and there is an authorized replacement catalytic converter for my truck. So once it's back together I'll be able to get plates and be lagal.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Meh in my state they are optional, can't be cracking down on farmers
I'm in Denver for work. You have to move too far outside the city to get away from emissions testing. Small price to pay for getting to do the cool stuff I do for the money I make.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Got the cowl, hood, and fender off. Going to replace them with parts from the donor truck.
Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Road surface

Reactions: Nex

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
No pictures today but the next big thing ordered. This is going to be a tow rig to drag a Jeep on a trailer up over the passes. So I've ordered the Banks intercooler kit with the upgaded turbine housing, full exhaust, and programmers. It's not cheap but it'll be worth it.

And all of the nickle-and-dime bits have to be ordered. No sense not replacing a bunch of parts like pulleys, alternator, etc. while I have everything apart. And the AC condenser had damage so the whole AC system is being refreshed. And while I have it apart, why not a fresh heater core? Especially since the dash is coming apart to swap out the dash pad.

I've been saving up a "truck payment" every month while while I was planning the project so I have have plenty of budget. But this is going to deplete that reserve pretty quick.

On the other hand, this will end up being basically a new truck once I'm done.

Reactions: Nex

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Today we rebuild the Borg Warner 4407 transfer case. It's a lot easier than a Jeep NP242.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Automotive tire Tread Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Reassembly has started now that parts are coming in.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Trouble is, I didn't take enough pictures during disassembly and I'm not sure exactly which holes get which bolt/stud. I'm going to let the RTV cure and as I put things back together I'm going to swap bolts as needed.

Automotive tire Tread Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

41 - 60 of 61 Posts