Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the right rpms to shift at? When should the TC engage or disengage. Running a compushift tranny controller.

It is a new NADP heavy hauler tranny mated to an 04CR.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok so... no one knows?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Being serious here, dump the compushift and get the pcs. I had the compushift for four years and it always worked like crap, the kid that bought my truck put the pcs on and it is a world of difference. I know it doesn't help you, but just trying to save you the trouble that I went through.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ugh, just took a look at the owners manual for the compushift 1. PCS is way more user friendly. Which compushift do you have?

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
140 Posts
Thats probably the start of your problem if you don't even know which one you have LOL..

Here is the PCS

I think he meant he didn't know which compushift model he had. Compushift I is older, the control box is bulky metal and has fins for "cooling" and the add on display unit was huge. Compushift II is a smaller control box almost looks plastic and the display unit looks very similar to TS Performance's trans lock up controller. HGM makes them, there is a picture on their website.

·
Justaworktruck
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I have the Compu shift 1. It has a big display. Can't find a model number.
On take off it always seems to take a lot of rpm to get going. Thinking I need a lower stall speed torque converter. The 1600 rpm one.
I plan to take the display out when tuned proper. Don't see why I need a pcs to program.

Also I plan on a bd exhaust brake, will I need to have a tow haul mode?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts