Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time on the site and not 100% sure if I'm doing it right but I have a 03 6.0 and Im lookin for a programmer I know sct is the best for these trucks. My buddy has a new unopened bully dog gt 40420 and I can get a good deal on it. The packaging says I can load custom sct tunes on it and my question is, is it the same thing? Does the platform u load these tunes on matter at all? Let me know if did this wrong and thanks for the help

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
No they are not the same, there is a reason why all us 6.0 guys stick to SCT, it's because that is what hands down works the best for these trucks. However, Bully dog and SCT have merged and so you can run SCT tunes on a bully dog unit. With that being said I tried out a bully dog programmer with SCT tunes and had nothing but issues. Soon as I switched back to my Livewire everything was as it should be. I think bully dog and SCT still have some work to do before they are totally compatible and functional. If you're in the market for an SCT tuner message me I've got one I could sell.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
As stated, SCT is the most commonly used programmer for custom tuning. While Bully Dog and SCT have merged, I still prefer the SCT units for ease of use. We write tunes for both the SCT and Bully Dog units, but we have heard more issues with guys trying to load tunes with the Bully Dog than I ever have with SCT programmers. More than a few guys have had to contact Bully Dog/SCT support for help with their problems, and in a couple cases, even their support teams couldn't figure it out.

I would pass on the Bully Dog and look at an X4 or TS+. Check them out here... Programmers - Programmers and Tuning - 2003.5 - 2007 Powerstroke 6.0 Truck - Ford Powerstroke

·
Registered
33 Posts
I run the new SCT X4 with SPD from TSD, and wouldn't want anything else. the x4 allows me to monitor live, a bunch of different things, and theres a whole different list you can choose from to monitor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts