Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking to get Programmer, and need some feedback on what I should use. Would like to monitor Ficm volts, hpop psi, and fuel psi, also need one that will bypass my egr since its deleted. Would also like to know who does custom tunes and how does that work, (sorry new to programmers). I have heard the best bet is the sct livewire. any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Our Infinity or SCT Livewire would be my recommendation. We carry both, and you can check them out HERE.

Both will do monitoring, tuning, and read/clear codes. The Infinity is much more advanced as it comes loaded with a Ford Enhanced package which enables you to monitor about 330 different parameters. It also datalogs at a very high sampling speed, should you ever want/need to use that function.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have or for more info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, @Flossyb-What is the advantage of custom tunes? and how do I contact Drew and backroad. Again sorry for the ignorance, just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks again

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Drew will make custom tunes to exact spec of your truck. For example stock or aftermarket turbo, stock or aftermarket exhaust, stock head bolts or head studs ECT... In my opinion it's much better on your transmission and truck overall then a generic tune which are all pretty good on the SCT.
Back Road Performance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just a quick question here have a chance to pick up a livewire 5015 currently for a mustang. Do they need to be loaded for a particular engine for (canned tunes, monitoring, etc....) getting this tuner or an x4 either way custom tunes are in order. Just was wondering if this would work or be better off with the x4 to start with. Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
it will work
make sure it is unlocked / not married

and i would update it when you get it but it will plug in and work with your truck wit the canned,preloaded tunes

then it will accept the custom tunes when you get them

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Yeah it will work fine. Like mentioned just make sure it's unlocked and not married.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went with a SCT X4 from mpt. Waiting for custom tunes, but canned tunes offer a huge improvement in performance!!!1 not going crazy with tunes yet as I still have to stud it. but overall very happy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Turd...I love the thing. I have done a ton of research on tuners and liked what SCT has to offer especially with custom tunes (sidenote: custom tunes can bypass any dtc when the tune is created). I was thinking of going with the livewire, but sct rep said only difference between the x4 and live wire is the live wire has a touchscreen display. They have the same capabilities and same motherboard. They also sell a windshield mount for the x4 if you wanted to use it for monitoring. Overall I love it and would defiantly recommend it!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts