Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Dino
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a 04 F 350 CC. I want to purchase a programmer - scanner. Not wanting huge gains just a mild towing tune and to be able to monitor EGT , Water Temp , Boost ect ect ect . I dont know much about them so some advise would be great...Thanks Dino

·
Registered
23 Posts
Edge evo. make sure it has the trans tuning on it, if it doesnt hook it to your computer and update it. Bill at Power Hungry Performance also has good custom tunes. He has 25 hp, and 40 hp tow tunes as well as others. He works for edge and his version of the edge evo. called the griffin. The edge and griffin stay within factory cylinder pressures as well, so drive smart and your head gaskets should last as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Find a used X-cal 2 or 3 about $100-$250 and buy a custom tow tune About $50 per tune. Ill take custom tunes over boxed tunes anyday. Doug wrote me an awesome tow tune that has some go with low egts

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Sct either xcal2 or xcal 3 with custom tunes, spartan phalanx, gryphoon from php with custom tunes. By far the sct is the most popular. Custom tuning and trans tuning are very important at any power level.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
SCT Livewire or Touch Screen Extreme, these can tune and display gauges. Another option is a SCT X3 with analog gauges. Then get custom tunes for the SCT.

·
Dino
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL

SCT FTW = SCT tuners = F The World..meaning they are the best for the 6.0

And the good combo is the X3 and Edge Insight for guages.
Thanks, so is this set up able to diagnose codes and clear them once repairs are made? Dino

·
Dino
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL

SCT FTW = SCT tuners = F The World..meaning they are the best for the 6.0

And the good combo is the X3 and Edge Insight for guages.
So how much am I looking at spending for a set up like this with a custom tune... Mechanical stuff I can deal with, nuts and bolts, but this electrical crap eludes me. I need to save up for a EGR delete and a new turbo also but a tuner might come first ...Dino

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
So how much am I looking at spending for a set up like this with a custom tune... Mechanical stuff I can deal with, nuts and bolts, but this electrical crap eludes me. I need to save up for a EGR delete and a new turbo also but a tuner might come first ...Dino
A SCT with 3 custom tunes would run you $429.00 shipped

1 - 15 of 15 Posts