Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got 16 in right now, just need to free up two more spots and I will be done at 18...

I had a link to a company that made indivdual gauge cups, that had a mount to the dash... anyone know where I saw that?

I'll get some daylight pic's tomarrow!:D

Attachments

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice joe. I like the looks of them. I really like the HPOP gauge.

Thanks, I am still working with the order of them... I like the A pillar. But I think I will put all the "temp" gauges on the overhead, and run the Drive Oil pressure, HPOP pressure and oil pressure in the underdash... Then Air pressure on the bottom left, Volts on the Top left, air temps on the right... Crap...

But thats one of the great things about this new line, I can un plug a gauge and move it ANYWHERE in the system and it will work just fine.;)

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try and get some better night pic's tomarrow... This cheap camera SUCKS!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Joe...the only thing missing from that last picture is the runway lights!

I thought you were going to say stacks...:poke::D

Dennis, have you ever seen a indivdual gauge pod, something that would mount to the top or bottom of the dash? I used to have a nice link to a place but I guess I deleted it at some point...

·
Proud PSN Sponsor!
2,171 Posts
Nope...and if you get any more gauges I'll be avoiding any road you are driving on for fear that you won't see me or any other motorists due to obstruction and distraction. And we thought "texting" was a bad thing to do while driving!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats why the important ones are on the a pillar... the rest just help if something doesnt feel right!!!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats similar, but the ones I saw were of a bit higher qulity...

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
Got 16 in right now, just need to free up two more spots and I will be done at 18...

I had a link to a company that made indivdual gauge cups, that had a mount to the dash... anyone know where I saw that?

they are a little hard to see but still cool!

maybe I can see them this wknd! (talk to Nick)

But thats one of the great things about this new line, I can un plug a gauge and move it ANYWHERE in the system and it will work just fine.;)
Can you explain that a little? I get what you mean but dont understand how that would work.

·
Registered
579 Posts

here maybe????

·
Bigfoot is an OBS
3,462 Posts
Can you explain that a little? I get what you mean but dont understand how that would work.
Simple version:
The connection to each gage is a power & data cable. The gage has a microprocessor (little tiny computer) in it that 'talks' to the box under the hood. The trans temp gage 'asks' for the trans temp, and it gets the current reading. The trans temp gage ignores all messages on the data cable except the trans temp message.
Like your computer in a room full of computers. It doesn't matter which internet cable (ethernet) you plug yours into, it still works fine.

Technical version:
Addressable communication over a common data bus.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
real quick question. i like ur leds in ur cup holder. is there a right up on it or do i just go to town on it and hope for the best. i tryed search but i dont know what words to use.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sorry if I missed the starting post explaining who is making these but who is going to be making these?
These are the new Performax line Isspro is releasing, Very nice networked gauges... Only three wires thru the firewall run up to 17 gauges...

real quick question. i like ur LEDs in ur cup holder. is there a right up on it or do i just go to town on it and hope for the best. i tryed search but i dont know what words to use.
I dont really have a write up... but I have a few pics... I got some Blue led's from Autozone (cheap ricer crap) and a pressure switch from Radio shack...

Attachments

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 39 Posts