Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
QUITTER :)
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried these out. I know they are relativly new, but they have to be better than those annoying X terrains. I hear they can compare to the Toyo M/Ts which I currently have on my truck. Anyways my local 4wheelparts said if I bought 3 of them for $230 a tire they would give me the 4th free. What you guys think?

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
Got six of em on my dually! So far so good. They are wearing really good, ride is great, and not a lot of noise. Only thing I didnt like was the handling the first couple hundred miles. They were kinda greasy feeling in the curves. Had to wear the edge down a little. Now theyre bout like any other tire. Best I remember , the firestones were the same when brand new. I got 4,000 miles, they still look just like new. Cant tell they are wearing at all. The oem tires--generals-- would be cupped out real bad after a few thousand. They sucked big time.
If you want mud tires, I say go for it! I spent over $1200 for mine.
285/75/16.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
They look good & I'd like to try a set, but they are about the same price as the Cooper S/T. Wouldn't mind a set of 35s though! :D

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
My friend has them in 35s on his 1500 sierra and is definitely not having as good of an experience as smorris is. His are EXTREMELY loud, I mean really loud, I can here him from VERY VERY far away, before I can even here his cut out dual exhaust, no kidding. From my behind the wheel observation, the don't handle good and are quite squishy/washy, and this is on a 1500, much lighter than our trucks. His are wearing quite badly after only 5000 miles, and he doesnt do burnouts or wheelin ever ever. Id say they are a bad choice, JMHO :shrug:

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Anyone tried these out. I know they are relativly new, but they have to be better than those annoying X terrains. I hear they can compare to the Toyo M/Ts which I currently have on my truck. Anyways my local 4wheelparts said if I bought 3 of them for $230 a tire they would give me the 4th free. What you guys think?
What wrong with the X terrains ???? I might buy 4 For 1100 !

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
What wrong with the X terrains ???? I might buy 4 For 1100 !
The X terrains just arn't very practical for a DD tire just due to the cost & the way that they wear on the street. If one was to keep them for a off road tire they do great. It's just like running any other off road tire on the street.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Well mine are gonna double as a DD unfortunately....How soft are the X terrains ???

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
Well mine are gonna double as a DD unfortunately....How soft are the X terrains ???
That really depends how much air you have in em! :D

Not too sure, if I was thinking I should have checked em out more when I saw em.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
O well 1100 Is cheap either way....And why is andrews truck in your av ????

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
O well 1100 Is cheap either way....And why is andrews truck in your av ????
Yes for 1100 I wouldn't pass em up either.
You'll have to cruise the rest of the forum to figgure out the Avatar thing! :D

·
you want some of this?
2,922 Posts
They look good & I'd like to try a set, but they are about the same price as the Cooper S/T. Wouldn't mind a set of 35s though! :D
These are way better than any cooper tire I ever ran. I never got any mileage out of coopers. I dont see how he could have wear issues at 5,000 miles?? I've done several burnouts, plenty of WOT take offs, and these still look like new with several thousand miles. The first few hundred miles you could actually see the rubber dust on the rear fenders, but like I said, I was pretty hard on em. Maybe the heavier truck helps with the handling??

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
These are way better than any cooper tire I ever ran. I never got any mileage out of coopers. I dont see how he could have wear issues at 5,000 miles?? I've done several burnouts, plenty of WOT take offs, and these still look like new with several thousand miles. The first few hundred miles you could actually see the rubber dust on the rear fenders, but like I said, I was pretty hard on em. Maybe the heavier truck helps with the handling??
Well I'm sorry to hear that. I've always had good results with Coopers & know other people that have as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts