Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know anything about the Procharger kit that Empire diesel offers.
What are the pros and cons of running a procharger compounded with the stock turbo.

Also, what mods should be done to the motor, internals, fuel, etc?

Jason

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
I know its awesome on what it can do. There is one guy running around here with one on it but his name escapes me right now.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Imelmo has it on his truck i believe. And from what I've been told they are friggen AWSOME, but that is all that I know about them lol. Sorry I couldn't be of much more help

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
they said its parasitic to the motor, something like it doesnt have enough air in the motor or something? it was on another thread before. IIRC

·
(520)465-7971
909 Posts
Combining the use of a supercharger and a turbocharger is a confusing theory to say the least. I had an old Detroit Diesel 8v92TA that had a roots style gear driven supercharger and a large turbocharger, not to mention the fact that it was a 2 stroke desiel. Figure that one out!! lol

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
It works and works well drom everything I have seen and been told. Yes there is loss from it being powered by the crank but its far outweighed by the power it produces in a properly setup system. You will not find any that has driven/ridden in one say anything other than they want one.

Try doing some searches on pro charger empire super charger or just PC or charger.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
When i talked with Danny about his he simply told me i would have to ride in it, but he would NEVER go back to anything that doesn't have a PC on it(exception of his cummings. haha). I'm hoping to get to ride in it, but i know that Danny has been behind the wheel of big power trucks single turbo trucks and for him to say he will never have another one with out a PC just makes me think it HAS to be BADA$$. i already want to try one out and haven't gotten to ride in Danny's yet. haha:D

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
they said its parasitic to the motor, something like it doesnt have enough air in the motor or something? it was on another thread before. IIRC
Not true at all. THe Procharger flows more than twice the cfm of the stock turbo and at MOST it takes about 30 crank hp to power it.

When i talked with Danny about his he simply told me i would have to ride in it, but he would NEVER go back to anything that doesn't have a PC on it(exception of his cummings. haha).
Not true either. They have a Cummings kit now so it'll be gettin' one too. :D To the op, mine's a 6.0 though, not a 7.3. I believe Empire was redoing the mounting for the 7.3. I actually have the old 6.0 mount on mine for that matter. The new one looks MUCH better. :D

The truck will be at TS for anyone to take a ride in or check out.

Send a pm to RockRunner: Powerstroke Nation - View Profile: Rockrunner86 He's got one with a 38r on his 7.3. He'd be more than happy to tell you about it. :D

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
Not true at all. THe Procharger flows more than twice the cfm of the stock turbo and at MOST it takes about 30 crank hp to power it.

Not true either. They have a Cummings kit now so it'll be gettin' one too. :D To the op, mine's a 6.0 though, not a 7.3. I believe Empire was redoing the mounting for the 7.3. I actually have the old 6.0 mount on mine for that matter. The new one looks MUCH better. :D

that should be awesome. a 12v w/ a PC would probably work really well since the 12v fuel so freaking heavily. would definitely put the the PC to the test.

·
Registered
359 Posts

Send a pm to RockRunner: Powerstroke Nation - View Profile: Rockrunner86 He's got one with a 38r on his 7.3. He'd be more than happy to tell you about it. :D

i might have to take u up on that ride the sound of instant boost and just the fact of having something totally different is music to my ears ive been really thinking that this is just what my 6.0 needs the biggest question is price and what fuel mods will i need what boost # r u seeing

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
i might have to take u up on that ride the sound of instant boost and just the fact of having something totally different is music to my ears ive been really thinking that this is just what my 6.0 needs the biggest question is price and what fuel mods will i need what boost # r u seeing

For the record, there will probably be another Procharged 6.0 there with the updated mounting kit, and it looks really sweet.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I'm not sure a dyno chart would really tell the story of the PC though. I think it's the instant response that makes them so impressive.

It took some doing but now that I have gotten my truck where it will spin the 35's w/ a full locker at will w/ nothing but a grey haze I have to wonder, why is the PC needed? If I had any more throttle response I'd have to be in 4 x 4 full time to ever use any of it below 40 mph.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
I'm not sure a dyno chart would really tell the story of the PC though. I think it's the instant response that makes them so impressive.

It took some doing but now that I have gotten my truck where it will spin the 35's w/ a full locker at will w/ nothing but a grey haze I have to wonder, why is the PC needed? If I had any more throttle response I'd have to be in 4 x 4 full time to ever use any of it below 40 mph.
Matt retune it yet??:poke:

·
Registered
14,568 Posts

WTF! I've been around that truck 20-30 times and never been offered a ride!!:poke:

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,952 Posts
WTF! I've been around that truck 20-30 times and never been offered a ride!!:poke:
Umm, you took it down the track on da juice for your birthday once. :poke:

And I don't think you've ever asked after it got the Procharger on it.

1 - 20 of 414 Posts