Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Procharger is belt driven:

What happens to all the boost when the truck shifts gears after hitting 4000 rpm? (How is the turbo protected? Since the air cannot go into the engine, it pushes backwards, through the turbo. -End to end play.)

Why not just install a bigger Procharger, and get rid of the turbo altogether? (I think that it would be easier to just run the Procharger outlet into the intercooler...done.)

Off idle, I can see that the Procharger would make boost instantly, and keeps a positive pressure on the turbo intake.....

Is there a point where an aftermarket turbo would actually "Pull" air through the Procharger, once it lites?

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
The supercharger needs a secondary compressor to make the boost numbers required for a performance diesel application, that's where the turbo comes in.

What does a little boost hurt at idle? Just like driving below sea level.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Just got back from a test drive with the new DI trans installed and I can't seem to wipe the grin from my face, instant torque from a 6 leaker, who da thunk it:doh:
I'm sure the new up pipes from Logan over at Centex Diesel had a lil something to do with the added lowend response. Anything past the first 1/4 of throttle travel results in instant white smoke from the tires:D
You can literally feather the throttle and spin the tires at will in the first 3 gears.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Is there a point where an aftermarket turbo would actually "Pull" air through the Procharger, once it lites?
I think it'd have to be a pretty big turbo. At full rpm the F1C will fow 1850cfm.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Just got back from a test drive with the new DI trans installed and I can't seem to wipe the grin from my face, instant torque from a 6 leaker, who da thunk it:doh:
I'm sure the new up pipes from Logan over at Centex Diesel had a lil something to do with the added lowend response. Anything past the first 1/4 of throttle travel results in instant white smoke from the tires:D
You can literally feather the throttle and spin the tires at will in the first 3 gears.

This is gonna be a loooooooooong couple of weeks. :D

Weird seein' David post in the 6.0 section. LOL

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
That's friggin awesome. That would be so much fun on the street.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that's what I wanted to hear!!!!!!!:postwhore2:

I can hardly wait for a kit to come out....

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Guess I'm going to have to swing into the shop tomorrow. Danny and I were talking about this earlier.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Guess I'm going to have to swing into the shop tomorrow. Danny and I were talking about this earlier.
Well if your going for a test flight......take your video camera!!!!

I..........I mean...EVERYONE wants to see the new and improved Procharged 6.0L!!!!:D

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
So when you pick up the truck your putting in an order for another set of proxies right?? Sounds like the current set will get worn out before the smile on your face wears off :ford:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Maybe I can spend some quality time with it Thursday.
bring a video camera for those of use stuck thousands of miles away who want to spend some quality time with it as well

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Logan's pipes ??

1 - 20 of 62 Posts