Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been battling my truck since around March. It had stock injectors in it and would smoke very bad fuel smoke until it warmed up. I put some 190cc injectors in it and it cleared up for around 1000 miles. I have changed them 3 times now, replaced the ficm with a 58v, replaced the ipr, icp, oil rails, stand pipes, installed an oil bypass filter, and it is getting worse. It still hazes and stumbles after it warms up now. I took it to Powerstroke Magic and he could not figure it out either because all of the pressures and everything looks good. I blew the lpop up last year and put a new one it in. Would there be anyway that a piece maybe locked causing the hpop to suck air. I have checked the fuel and no air in it and it is running around 65psi of pressure. The smoke is fuel smoke and not water or oil. It will burn your eyes because it is so rich. The truck is not using any oil or water and there is not any fuel in the water or water in the oil. Here is a youtube video

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
If it's fuel for sure, It looks like a cracked injector nozzle or a burnt compression washer on the injector. Any of the copper washers burnt when you pulled out the injectors? Did you check the injector cups if so?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After it dies I can start it back up and it will run for a few seconds and then do the same thing and giving it throttle will not do any good because it will not take it. When it starts messing up so bad the icp goes up to around 1500 and it stays around 700 before the smoke changes color. Also, when I do get it to warm up the egt are very high. Crusing at 60 they are around 950 to 1000 and it idles at 700 to 750. I am running Valvoline 15w40 but it is 60 degees here. I checked all of the coppers and none of them were burnt. I done the balloon test on the fuel lines and they do not blow up any.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
27 foot lbs. It has done it with 3 different sets of 190s and the stock ones. Would a cracked head cause this? If it was an injector cup wouldn't there be fuel in the water?

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
27 ft lbs is stock injector specs, they reccommend 30 ft lbs for larger injectors due to raised cylinder pressures, but I down thats the problem. Sounds like its missing, which leads me to think its a bad spool valve, but like I said thats A LOT of raw fuel. can you put in stock injectors back in?

check FICM voltage again, your batteries sound weak as hell, I bet the ficm is bad again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried a couple of different ficms with the same results. Think I will pull all of the injectors again and look at the cups with a camera. Then torque the injectors to 30 lbs this time with new o-ring kits again.

·
Registered
926 Posts
my truck did that when i naded my 80% nozzles in my 7.3. knocked like that then loaded up and died on me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts