Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trans temp gauge has a wiring issue. the needle constantly jumps around. if i drive over a bump for example the needle will bounce around. also, after sitting all night i started it this morning and it was at 190. this problem didn't occur until a couple months after installing the gauge. it worked perfectly for a while.

i think its an interference problem with other wires but i've already tried to isolate the wires the best i can as well as secure them better.

any suggestions?

·
Crazy Redneck
867 Posts
Sounds like a ground problem. I would try regrounding the gauge and see if that helps.

·
just a welding fool.
1,097 Posts
same here. i noticed after bumping the white "sending" box under the dash a couple times, it would go back to normal. any time i have the issue, i do that, only because i haven't had the time to go searching for what wire it might be.

·
riverjet
459 Posts
I had 16 ISSPRO gauges with the amplifier boxes. Not one ever worked rite for long.I loved their look so I took a big risk and went to the new performax gauges(American made) and have not had any problems.I could not recomend their older gauges to anyone.Do a Google search.....lots and lots of problems with their older gauges.I could recomend their new gauges.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
HA...I'm having the same problem. I've been on the phone with Isspro several times and I'm supposed to talk with their test engineer tomorrow. I've run some resistance tests on the gauge and amp box and they both seem mostly ok. I've redone my grounds and power source wiring, tested the sending unit as well. I took video yesterday, I'll try to post it up. There is a 1 yr warranty fwiw...

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Here's a couple of vids. Is this what yours is doing?
Sorry for the crappy quality and music on the first. I was backing out of the driveway when it went nuts so I just grabbed my camera and tried to record and back up at the same time:doh:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's a couple of vids. Is this what yours is doing?
Sorry for the crappy quality and music on the first. I was backing out of the driveway when it went nuts so I just grabbed my camera and tried to record and back up at the same time:doh:
yeah thats exactly what mine does.

i went back out a minute ago and tried fixing it again. this time i put wire loom around as much of the wire as i could reach under the dash and all the way from the firewall down to the sender. then i secured it better with zip ties to non electrical things as much as i could. i took it for a 15 minute drive just now and it got up to about 140 degrees with no jumping. we'll see how long it lasts this time.

I had 16 ISSPRO gauges with the amplifier boxes. Not one ever worked rite for long.I loved their look so I took a big risk and went to the new performax gauges(American made) and have not had any problems.I could not recomend their older gauges to anyone.Do a Google search.....lots and lots of problems with their older gauges.I could recomend their new gauges.
yeah i looked into performax gauges not long ago and they look nice but i don't like the idea of having to buy a electronic signal processor for an additional $300. that puts the total cost up to like $600 or so

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
fwiw...i received a new amplifier box from isspro today. seems to have done the trick!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts