Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Change your oil to 5w-40 and add 8oz (2 bottles) of Rev-X and you'll be much happier.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well I checked out the hotshots web sit and I defiantly think I am going to get into that stuff. OK so i got the cord for my block heater and hooked it up. last question about this topic do I want to start it with the heater still plunged in or do I want to unplug it first or dos it matter? thanks allot to everyone for all your input I have learned allot in the past two days and found allot of good resources thanks to you all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
really. I looked at both and the hotshot stuff seemed to do more??? but I guess all I have to go off of is what others recommend.

·
Registered
168 Posts
well I checked out the hotshots web sit and I defiantly think I am going to get into that stuff. OK so i got the cord for my block heater and hooked it up. last question about this topic do I want to start it with the heater still plunged in or do I want to unplug it first or dos it matter? thanks allot to everyone for all your input I have learned allot in the past two days and found allot of good resources thanks to you all.
Unplug it so you don't forget and drive away with it plugged in.

btw I had good success with rev x

·
i like to party
1,415 Posts
really. I looked at both and the hotshot stuff seemed to do more??? but I guess all I have to go off of is what others recommend.

I would look around and use the search button, there are too many threads on these forums that deal withe HSS vs. Rev X and people use rev x after hss doesnt work :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
ok next question I want to use the rev-x stuff but it is an oil additive. I only have a little less the 2k miles on the oil I have in there now. should i just drain out some of my oil to make room for the rev-x or would it be wise to do a complete change and go with a litter weight oil?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Unplug it so you don't forget and drive away with it plugged in.

btw I had good success with rev x
haha that would not be good. thanks for the advise

21 - 29 of 29 Posts