Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had my compustar autostarter/alarm for almost 2 years with no problems at all.
trucks been sitting for last couple months and needed to jump it to get it moved.
after jumping it my compustar doesnt have a power unless the key is turned in the ignition?
my installer said the "yellow wire" (one he used) no longer has constant power but now somehow only has ignition powered.

any help or direction to start looking?

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
check your inline fuses and the fuseson the truck (engine compartment and underdash). If there isnt any constant power in the wire being tapped since the jump, it most likely just blew a fuse

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check your inline fuses and the fuseson the truck (engine compartment and underdash). If there isnt any constant power in the wire being tapped since the jump, it most likely just blew a fuse

been checking fuses with no good outcome, what about a relay?

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
No there arent any relays that control constant power. If you can check the voltage on the wire being tapped. If thats not showing 12v find one that does show constant 12v or temporarily run it off the batt just to make sure its not your unit thats bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts