Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got fuel today and started to take off down the road. Accelerator started feeling weird so looked down and the engine light was on. Exhaust sounds sputtery while running and when I stop it feels like I have a huge ass cam. Very bad pedal vibration. Came home and popped the hood. Checked the oil and it was pretty low. Only been about 2k miles since last oil change so it shouldnt be that low. Added about 2 qts (all I had at the time). Started the truck and light was out. When the wife got home we got ready to go to Fudruckers to meet up with everyone. Went from Lakeside to the 52 and the symptoms came back. Babied it home and parked it. Went and bought a code reader and it says no codes but at the very end it says Misfire. I have read a couple of forums and the majority of them are saying its the injector o-rings. I put 5 qts of oil in it and took if for a test drive to see if the problem was the oil being low. Made it about 5 or 6 miles before the light came back on. What does everyone else think?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Where did you by the reader at. It probably is not compatible with our trucks. If you have of have had a light, you have codes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts