Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an SCT X3 yesterday. I had Drew send me two custom tunes for my truck last night. I uploaded one tune, drove down the road to the store. Switched to another tune (which was the race tune) and drove back home. Woke up this morning to go to work and tried to switch the tune back. During the middle of the tune downloading the SCT said that the program failed. Now I have a CEL and truck wont start. I have tried to return the truck to stock using the SCT but it wont do that either. I have noticed that now my SCT will not recognize the truck, for instance will not read dtc, vehicle information is blank (not showing vin or anything). Please help!

·
Registered
249 Posts
More then likely will need to call SCT on that one. They are closed on weekends but they do have a emergency ticket system where you can submit a request for tech support after hours for cases where your vehicle wont start.

Emergency Tech support link at bottom of page

SCT Performance - More Power! Less Fuel!

·
Administrator
32,981 Posts
your batteries are fully charged ?

that programming cycle has the glow plugs on a lot and can be hard on the batteries charge level

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well me and drew have been talking about that. I currently have the negative cables of my batteries unhooked letting the computer reset. I also have a trickle charger on the main battery (passenger side).

·
Administrator
32,981 Posts
there is no main battery charge them both

what truck year ? a 6.0 will clear the KAM right away after u disconnect so either hook up the grounds and keep charging so both batteries top off

or if you don't want to reconnect the grounds just run a temporary jumper wire to the ground post on both batteries so they are both charging the + sides are already connected through the truck wiring

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck is an 06 model 6.0, So I only have one trickle charger. So after hooking the ground wires back up do I need to charge one battery, then move the trickle charger to the other one and charge it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the batteries charged up enough, cleared KAM through tuner, then flashed back to stock. Now running with no CEL or problems.

·
Registered
406 Posts
time for some new batteries

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it was my stupidity. It was probably 10 degrees here this morning and I tried to change my tune before starting the truck. Also my truck doesn't get the pleasure of getting plugged in because of apartment living/parking. So the truck went into a fault-which causes no communications- because of the low battery voltage.

·
Administrator
32,981 Posts
that will do it thanks to the stupid glow plug cycle even when your not going to start the truck

oh sorry

I was away u can trickle charge both at the same time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts