Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about a Pro-Tech Cab Rack for my truck. Just looking for some opinions.
I called my nearest Pro-Tech dealer which is about 50 miles away, looking for a louvered cab rack. He told me that louvered racks run about $424 plus about $50 to ship it since he doesn't keep them in stock. However, he said he does carry the mesh rack and sells them for $292 and has used ones for around $100.

question is, which do you think looks better? louvered or mesh?
personally i like the louvered but if it is going to cost almost $200 more i might have to settle for the mesh.
here are pics of both

louvered

mesh

·
Registered
386 Posts
I think the louvered rack looks better. if it was me buying it i would wait till i have the extra money and get the one i wanted.

·
<--before leveler & block
852 Posts
definitely :whs:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
louvered looks waaay better me thinks, tough price difference though, but I think I could wait it out for the better looking rack

I

·
0 Posts
Are you just looking for looks? or does it need to be fuctional. I looked at a bunch of different ones. The nice ones are not cheap. I decided to build my own. I am going to put a picture up as soon as I can to maybe give someone some idea's..

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the louvered rack looks better. if it was me buying it i would wait till i have the extra money and get the one i wanted.
Thats exactly what i've been trying to convince myself to do. I do like the louvered one a lot better. I'll just keep looking and try to find other dealers in the area in hopes that maybe someone has one in stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the mesh one myself. I just picked one up on Craigslist for cheap and put it on. If I knew how to put a pic on here I would.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I like the mesh one myself. I just picked one up on Craigslist for cheap and put it on. If I knew how to put a pic on here I would.
Get an acct on Photobucket (free) put your pics on there then copy and paste in your post. EASY!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
does that really help the truck if you flip??
no its just for looks
its like a headache rack on a semi truck. only on a pickup they are mainly just for looks. they don't serve the same purpose as they do on a semi

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
i no mine stopped a railroad tie from comin through my back window and probly also stopped some kids from gettin in my truck but the prices that that guy is askin for is really cheap i got mine 2 years ago for 500 with some tabs welded on for my lights and mine is only the mesh so i dont no if your gettin a hell of a deal or they just really put it to me. there is pics of mine in my gallery

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They do add some protection for the back of the cab and the rear window, it's not just for looks.
ok my bad, for the most part they are for looks. but they are not intended to be used as a roll bar!

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hey Edge, what's the dealer you're dealing with? They have a website?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 55 Posts