Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 97 obs see sig for mods (only thing i plan on adding is a 4" down pipe) and i want to get a chip. i need to know prices. i would like to know what is the best and most reliable , should i get a burner or have it burned. i deff. want enough cord to mount the knob anywhere. i want at least 5 settings if its even possible, eco, race, tow, smoke, high idle.

done quite bit of research and feel that a chip is the best way to go however im new to the diesel thing

any and all help would be much appreciated :redspotdance:
Clutz

·
Building Farmboy Monster
139 Posts
go to phptune.com great tuning bill does awsome work and best price

·
I like turtles
2,604 Posts
Matt @ gearhead. free updates on tunes. you just pay shipping.

·
Premium Member
15,560 Posts
FWIW you will nt be able to get a 4" DP in your truck unless you dio a big body lift and "massage" the firewall. Also your posting this in the wrong section, you need to post this up in the OBS section.

But as far as tunes go tony wildman gets my vote, but anyone that uses a TS style chip get my vote too so.

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
:whs:

Tony's tunes FTW.

·
The Fireman
4,810 Posts
Matt at Gearhead gets my vote. Link

But there are lots of great tuners on here.

Bill at PHP
David at DI
Johnathan at Swamps
Aggie at TSD
Tony at TDP
Johnathan at Beans

Any of them will set you up right with a good custom chip for your truck and your needs

·
Diesel NUB
45 Posts
TADD at Elite Diesel has my vote. Great shop with a great bunch of guys working there.

·
<---F350 DRIFTER
516 Posts
Jonathan at Beans and Tony Wildman at total diesel performance or Bill at PHP all make great tunes. Those are the ones I have experience with. Why the 4" DP?? No need until you go much bigger injectors and turbo and you will probably have to get one to fit that turbo anyway. I would just suggest a 3" DP then 4" from there.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
G
ok i have a 97 obs see sig for mods (only thing i plan on adding is a 4" down pipe) and i want to get a chip. i need to know prices. i would like to know what is the best and most reliable , should i get a burner or have it burned. i deff. want enough cord to mount the knob anywhere. i want at least 5 settings if its even possible, eco, race, tow, smoke, high idle.

done quite bit of research and feel that a chip is the best way to go however im new to the diesel thing

any and all help would be much appreciated :redspotdance:
Clutz

EDIT. 3" dp. Hit the wrong key sorry for confusion

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Honestly, don't bother with smoke. Its not gonna smoke much with AA Injectors, my old tow tune smoked more than my smoke, and performed a lot better.

Just my 2cents. Use that extra position for a hi-idle or valet or something

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whats the purpose of a valet setting? if its what i think it is i have no need nobody drives my truck but me and my wife

·
Banned
333 Posts
im going to be getting a valet and the only people that drive my truck are me and my girl friend, the valet is for her.. they can set the limit to what ever you want or should be able to at least. 45 is going to be her limit till she figures out the tuner lol

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Swamps for my :) great people to work with.Give them a call

·
Banned
333 Posts
My vote is for dp Jody makes some pretty mean tunes
im with you on that, but the more research i do its a toss up between swamps and DP right now. seen alot of fast dp trucks and some fast swamps trucks.. i guess it all comes down to personal opinion and how it acts in your truck i guess.

·
The Ontaribertan.
213 Posts
My vote is for dp Jody makes some pretty mean tunes
:whs: I love my DP tunes. Will soon be adding 200/30% injectors from Swamps and I can't wait to sent the chip back to Jody

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.