How much were parts to puttiing a gt42 on your trucks??? thanks guys

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
still need the t4 kit

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
A 42R that botls into the stock location? Is this the one Dave was talking about and posted pics of? If that is now a real realiity I will be going that route.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Pics or ban.

And not the snky pics we've already seen.
I believe he said earleir that Dave is mocking it up on his truck. In which case, he wouldn't have the truck to take pictures of.

You need to understand that when someone posts up pics of a new project they're doing before it's finished is not normal. You usually don't hear of a new product until it's already been run on a few trucks.

Powerstroked162, I look forward to hearing how it performs on your truck. ;)

Dave

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Isn't that the truth.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Can you change a journal bearing 4294 to a BB?

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
I believe he said earleir that Dave is mocking it up on his truck. In which case, he wouldn't have the truck to take pictures of.

You need to understand that when someone posts up pics of a new project they're doing before it's finished is not normal. You usually don't hear of a new product until it's already been run on a few trucks.

Powerstroked162, I look forward to hearing how it performs on your truck. ;)

Dave
Just to clear things up, this is not a new project. I have been putting GT series turbos on 7.3 Power Strokes since 03-04 in the exact same fashion and location as the one pictured. The only difference is that this one will use a stock pedestal to mount on. The only benefit to doing it this way is the cleanliness of the actual mount and the oil return. Since I was redoing it I also wanted to incorporate the newly available Tial SS turbine housings in V band configuration. This design also lends itself to the DIY'er mindset, you can buy 1 key part and source the rest of the parts yourself.

·
Buffalo Diesel
280 Posts
By running, I took that as "running", not under development.

That side shot with the headers looks so badass. I'd want to run a 9" body lift to show those bad boys off.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Dave I really like what you are in the process of doing. If ready when I add my 42 you will have my sale along with a pair of those headers and whatever else I can get before my self-control kicks back in.:doh: ;)

Some of this stuff is still rather new to me. What are the benefits of the SS Tial housing over the Garrett?

·
Registered
7,805 Posts
Dave I really like what you are in the process of doing. If ready when I add my 42 you will have my sale along with a pair of those headers and whatever else I can get before my self-control kicks back in.:doh: ;)

Some of this stuff is still rather new to me. What are the benefits of the SS Tial housing over the Garrett?
For maximum top end power/less restriction/back pressure you want an open scroll turbine housing, for maximum response/spool up you want a split scroll, the TIAL SS housing is designed as an open scroll yet offers quicker response/spool up, best of both worlds then add the V band configuration and you have a winner.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Got it that is certinaly what I am looking for as IMO that is what the 4294 is all about to begin with. Still has good low end response and power but alsop has very good top end. With the BB is spool fast as well. Could you possible PM me a estimate on what the price would be to get the mods to be able to mount the 42's to the stock pedestal and the cost of the Tail SS v band?

I will be running this with some 300/200 hybrids hoping to be right around 600. Once I get a fully built bottom and some head porting. I want to add your cam and either a mid size procharge or a GT47 or 55 will have to work that out when I get there which won; be until end of this year early next. Right now I wat ot run that 42 as a single.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts