Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
"that guy"
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just tryin to get a ball park figure for getting head studs installed on a 06 6.0l thanks for the help

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depends where you live and if you go to a dealership or a diesel shop.

In general, dealerships in major cities will charge you for a full headgasket job, which will run between $3,000 and $4,000. If you're in more rural areas, you can get them done for under $3,000.

Diesel shops have been known to charge less, bottoming out at about $2,000.

·
OrthoPro
72 Posts
I can get the job done with ARP's and an EGR delete set up for 2K here in Salem, OR. from the dealership (family owned-small operation with in house diesel shop and certified mechs) where I bought my truck from.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
I think I spent around $2000 with doing the install myself. That includes updated fittings, studs, gaskets, oil cooler rebuild, EGR delete, turbo recondition, etc.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
These guys are in Florida I believe.

·
Scab
1,295 Posts
I can get the job done with ARP's and an EGR delete set up for 2K here in Salem, OR. from the dealership (family owned-small operation with in house diesel shop and certified mechs) where I bought my truck from.
What's the deal with your Avatar?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got mine done for around $1500 from a local Ford dealer in Crossville TN.

That's putting arp's in, and an airdog II.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Doug is definitely a great choice. If he's not able to do it for whatever reason and you're willing to drive up to Tampa, shoot me a PM. There's a shop near me that I'd highly recommend.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
around $$$2000 Make sure your heads are flat:poke:

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yep...Kinda funny how people blame the studs And its always the heads LOL First thing i say when People start talking about there 6.0 thats studded and still pukes...Did you check the Heads...NO...Well theres your problem!!!

·
2Cruel
1,645 Posts
2100 and up depending on what options ya want while your in thier,

Having the heads checked is a must (fiigure on having them decked $$)
Valve seats are usualy cracked (figure getting them machined)
While your that deep egr delete and oil cooler only makes sense
05+ trucks need the updated y on the oil pump

So it can add up pretty quick!
Travis

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
The truck is a-ok as it is. I just want to get some ARPs for piece of mind and SCT.
I would still have them checked...Hate to have to do it twice...Plus they are already going to be off

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
Valve seats are usualy cracked (figure getting them machined)
Is it common for the seats to be bad? I had each valve checked on mine and all were good (both heads), take that back, two were questionable.

Don't mean to de-rail the thread.

Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
The truck is a-ok as it is. I just want to get some ARPs for piece of mind and SCT.
I would still have them checked...Hate to have to do it twice...Plus they are already going to be off
Right. Skip out on $3-$500 to get the heads totally checked out and your already deep another 2 grand just for getting cheap.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts