Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 6.0 no studs, egr deleted

Pressure is getting into the degas bottle with no loss of coolant, what are y’alls thoughts?

It also takes a while to get to operating temp and stumbles when you first get her going from cold, after the temp gets to about 100 degrees stumbling stops.

New injectors and 278111 on the clock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also did a exhaust gas test from the degas bottle and it came back negative.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesel fuel in the coolant..... injector cups it appears to be

·
Registered
4,947 Posts
Fuel in the coolant is more likely to be a cracked head. BPD makes a repair kit. But good luck. And you probably have a blown head gasket with the mileage on the original bolts

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,166 Posts
Fuel in the coolant is more likely to be a cracked head. BPD makes a repair kit. But good luck. And you probably have a blown head gasket with the mileage on the original bolts
+1!!

It isn't the cups on a 6.0L.

Typically the crack is at the #3, #5, #4, or #6 cylinders (by the injector hold down bolt holes).

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya I am figuring it is..... this is a customers truck and I have an allowance of 1k for work.... soooo it’s not gonna get done lmfao!!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1!!

It isn't the cups on a 6.0L.

Typically the crack is at the #3, #5, #4, or #6 cylinders (by the injector hold down bolt holes).

Bismic1, how prominent are the cracks by the hold downs? This is the first time I have ran into the issue of diesel fuel in the coolant.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,166 Posts
Unfortunately it isn't "rare". TSB 08-23-8 (primarily indicates a crack in the head)

To detect where the cracked head is when you have fuel in the coolant:
You need to put dye in the COOLING system and run engine for a few minutes to allow dye to mix with coolant. Use a good degas cap so system will build pressure. When turning engine off, cooling system pressure will cause coolant to bleed into injector bore on head that is cracked, you will be able to identify (with injectors removed) which head is cracked with black light. Fuel also shows up a light blue with blacklight, but you will be able to differentiate between fuel and dye in coolant.

https://www.accuratediesel.com/shop/279.html

DTR stated that the passenger side is the most common, but I would say it can be on either side.

BulletProofDiesel sells a repair method also.

https://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/BPD-cylinder-head-repair-tool-ford-6-0L-p/cylinder-head-repair-tool.htm

https://www.google.com/search?q=BPD+cracked+head+repair&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS722US722&oq=BPD+cracked+head+repair&aqs=chrome..69i57.6789j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts