Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna pull injectors and have done it before but this time the truck will sit for around a week with no injectors in it. So my question is which way would you recomend? Would the beans diesel performance be alright sitting that long?

·
redneck engineer
71 Posts
when i worked at cat we had a special tool for them(the 3126 had the same heui fuel system as our psd's) but i just used a curved pry bar. just be careful not to cut the o rings on the injectors. as far as it sitting for awhile, stuff some clean rags in the inj. holes. hope that helps

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
It is not too bad at all. I second the 12" curved pry bay. Time to do is nothing compared to removing everything to get to them and then there is the re-start- gonna take some time to get the air out.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know how to pull them i just want to know about the way beans says to do it to just remove glowplugs in the back and back injectors first then replace everything except the glow plugs and place a couple bolts in the valve covers and leave injectors unhooked and crank over a couple times to purge the oil from the cylinders. Is this a ok method other than pulling drain plugs? Last time i pulled injectors we were pulling the head so didn care about oil/fuel un cylinders.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
I'm probably overkill, but after pulling the injectors, I use a mighty vac to suck out as much fluid as possible. Once the injectors are back in, and with glowplugs out, I turn the engine over by hand a few revolutions (wrench on crank bolt). After that I will temporarily place the valvecovers over the heads and spin in briefly with the starter. Cheers!

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Yes that is a good way. Pull the back 2 and
let them drain. I let mine do that overnight.
Not to get it all but it was dark and I wanted
to go in and eat. Then aftr linstallation
pull glowplugs and get residual fluids out.
The description Beans has on their website
is a very good way to do it IMHO .

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes that is a good way. Pull the back 2 and
let them drain. I let mine do that overnight.
Not to get it all but it was dark and I wanted
to go in and eat. Then aftr linstallation
pull glowplugs and get residual fluids out.
The description Beans has on their website
is a very good way to do it IMHO .
Thanks you that is what i wanted to know

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I take a couple more prep steps, but the oil is more difficult to purge than the fuel. I always pull the small rail drain plugs under the VCs to get most of the oil out first. Right before the inj is removed from the cup, I have a long wadded up paper towel ready(kinda like a tampon ) that gets shoved into the cup right behind the inj coming out. It will soak up most of the remaining rail fuel/oil. I still crank the motor over with the GPs out before putting them back in for final purge. The result is that hardly no oil/fuel is in the cyl and the start up is fairly smoke free...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Just installed my stage 1s. I pulled injectors out let everything run into the cylinders. Left it that way for a month. Installed new injectors pulled inspection cover off tranny turned engine over a few times with flywheel tool. Then fired it up no glowplug removal no drainplug removal I did change the oil before starting. Easy simple no uneseccery work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts