Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was selected to test Rev-X in the 6.0 I have. I was thinking of pulling some oil for a Oil Sample before installing the Rev-X. I was thinking of removing the Oil Filter and taking some oil from inside of the canister. I don't have a very good memory and can not remember if all the oil drains out before you put the new filter in. I was thinking of just changing the oil filter to a new one right now and when I ran the Rev-X for a while and change my oil take another sample.

I have about 2,600 miles on current oil change of Rotella 5-40W synthetic. Did about 800 miles of towing during this change most is daily drives to school just long enough to get everything warmed up.

Need some Ideas Quick Don't want to pull the plug to drain it and only other option would be to suck up up through the dip stick.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
When I had mine done, the local little diesel shop would always use their suction pump to pull it out of the dipstick tube.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some tubing used for Ice-Makers and had a large syringe and pulled it up though the dip stick tube.

Is the Blackstone the Best Report to get?????

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I used Oil Analyzers, but have always wanted to try blackstone. If I did it again, I'd try blackstone. Always heard good things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts