Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PSD
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its probaly a long shot. maybe some one here will know. Im using a powertrain control solution TCM 2000 to controll my computer for my E4OD.
my problem is the truck will not start in 1st...

I put the truck into D. It feels like it takes off in 3rd.(really slow off the line. Lots of gas petal is required to get it moving)
I put the truck into 1st. It feels like it takes off in 2nd.
I put the truck into 2nd. It feels like it takes off in 2nd.

anyone have any ideas on what to adjust in the computer? I been going back and fourth with the people at powertrain control solutions but they are slow at getting responces back.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Are you sure you have power down to the unit. It will start off in OD if there is no power to the solenoids.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
:whs: The solenoid pack needs to be powered in order for it to operate correctly. there are two pins on the connector that need to be powered.

·
PSD
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure you have power down to the unit. It will start off in OD if there is no power to the solenoids.
What do you mean by power down?

All I did was wire in the one 12v+ key on that is from the tcm harness. isnt that all that is needed

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
you have a wiring issue.... either your range sensor on the side of the trans is bad(or misaligned) Or not plugged in right....

Or your plug on the side of the trans is not hooked in correctly...

OR something else, it is something DEF electrical..... go back to your wiring diagrams and make sure everything is correct.....

As they said your solenoids are not getting power.. you can also go to online mode, and go into the communications tab, then go to test mode, click on true manual mode... the truck will stay in first (if wired correctly) and ONLY shift when you hit the "shift" buttons.....on edit, set the TPS in test mode to 50% if you do this.... that will tell you if your TPS is reading ....or you can go online with the monitor and make sure the TPS has voltage...

ALSO YOU DID hook up the TPS wire right :)

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
By power down he means did you supply power(12 volts) to the transmission connector(solenoid pack). I am not familiar with the unit you are using but you stated that you hooked up the one wire 12 volt+. What did you connect it to? There are two pins on the transmiission connector that need to be 12 volt + key on. Without both of them being powered it won't operate.

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
By power down he means did you supply power(12 volts) to the transmission connector(solenoid pack). I am not familiar with the unit you are using but you stated that you hooked up the one wire 12 volt+. What did you connect it to? There are two pins on the transmiission connector that need to be 12 volt + key on. Without both of them being powered it won't operate.
The power is supplied through the PCS....

However he makes a good point.... Is your 12v source not hot in run?
Maybe it is hart in Start, and not in Run....

·
PSD
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The power is supplied through the PCS....

However he makes a good point.... Is your 12v source not hot in run?
Maybe it is hart in Start, and not in Run....
the power is 12v key on, im pritty sure its getting power because when i turn the key to on and hook up the tcm to the lap top, the tcm shows being online. But the wire I hooked the TCM upto for 12v+key on source is also being used for other electrical 12v key on source... Maybe ill try a new 12v+ key on source.

the range sensor is new from ford and seems to be working.... i put the truck into Park and on the computer monitor it shows it being in park, I put in reverse it shows it in reverse and same with all the other gears.

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
ok if it is reading in online mode then the range sensor is good....

Make sure that the grey plug on the pass side is connected, then go into the test mode as stated before and see if it shifts....

·
PSD
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrighty ill try doing the true manual mode. and double check the connection on the passenger side

·
Do you smell something?
641 Posts
Alrighty ill try doing the true manual mode. and double check the connection on the passenger side
you don't have to go into true manual mode....

follow the steps I posted above you can just go into test mode, and FORCE it to do what you ask.... IF everything is correct then it should do as you tell it to...

·
PSD
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whoo thanks guys, I double checked the connection on the passenger side of the trans.... and found the rubber gasket that is used to seal out water and junk from the connection was blocking some of the connections.adjusted it over and sure enough Trans works great now!! Now time for alot of trial and error tuning to get it perfect :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts