Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
i know it can be done cheaper. columbus has 800cc p pumps for 4500 outright and 1100cc's for 5000 outright. both are 300 less w/ a core.

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
I talked to hypermax a while back about this. Turbos that mount near the stock location will not work. The injection pump takes up to much room. So the turbo(s) would need to be mounted to the side.

P pump 7.3 drag truck .....man would that be sick!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Is there a specific reason to run the inline pump? Looks like DOT does pretty freakin good with the v style pump. I mean, at least you could sill mount a turbo in the factory spot.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i know it can be done cheaper. columbus has 800cc p pumps for 4500 outright and 1100cc's for 5000 outright. both are 300 less w/ a core.
Do They have a front cover for a 7.3 too?

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
not that i know of. but taking 2500 right of the top for a pump would help. i wonder if hypermax would sell just pieces of the kit. like isnt their timing cover only 3600?

·
Registered
745 Posts
not that i know of. but taking 2500 right of the top for a pump would help. i wonder if hypermax would sell just pieces of the kit. like isnt their timing cover only 3600?
This is realy awsome and i would love to have this set up. And as stated before i would love to see this set up on the strip.

BUT I know darn good and well they are making $3000.00 of pure profit on that cover alone.:mad:

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
This is realy awsome and i would love to have this set up. And as stated before i would love to see this set up on the strip.

BUT I know darn good and well they are making $3000.00 of pure profit on that cover alone.:mad:
did you factor in research, development, marketing, machine set up costs, into that "$3000 pure profit"? or did you want them to cover all of those costs themselves? how many units are they really going to sell? they have to divide the above costs out over the projected units sold in order to JUST get back what they have into it to bring it to market. Pull your head out before you speak. If you think it's so easy you'll have no problem building your own front cover,,,,, from design to built.

·
Crazy Talk
3,537 Posts
does their cover provide for a water pump and such. i know woe does not.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Why is it called "life " insurance anyway. No one can get until your dead. It should be called dead insurance. LOL
Not anymore I sell a policy that has living benifits...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
For that price it better give me a blow job as well!!LOL
Naw that goes when you by the combo pack
P pump and a graphite block.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Why would you say that?
I asked my machinist about making one, even before H-max was selling their Kit, as he's done several of basically the same thing for the big V-8 Macks and he said $3500, and the cost of a hunk of alum large enough to make one and it was something like $1500 or so. They are not out of line at $3600.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Why would you say that?
I asked my machinist about making one, even before H-max was selling their Kit, as he's done several of basically the same thing for the big V-8 Macks and he said $3500, and the cost of a hunk of alum large enough to make one and it was something like $1500 or so. They are not out of line at $3600.
If they are one off pieces probably. But if you buy the aluminum and you have youre CNC set up and you do a run of say 15 And you have that same CNC running off other parts which help pay for the CNC. I can think of many other parts around that size for other aplications that dont cost that much. I am baseing my statment off of that. If i am wrong so be it. It just seems the performance and aftermarket in some areas is way over inflated. When compared to stock parts and pricing. I am not going to give any exsamples cuz i do not want a argument. Just my .02.

·
Registered
745 Posts
did you factor in research, development, marketing, machine set up costs, into that "$3000 pure profit"? or did you want them to cover all of those costs themselves? how many units are they really going to sell? they have to divide the above costs out over the projected units sold in order to JUST get back what they have into it to bring it to market. Pull your head out before you speak. If you think it's so easy you'll have no problem building your own front cover,,,,, from design to built.
Well lets make some Dodads. One guy has an idea to make these dodads. Well he decides to press them out of steel so he goes and prices a press big enough to press dodads. I dont know about you but i have seen some pretty big presses. so lets price that at 2,000,000.00 just the press. He will probably need at least 3ft of concrete and a huge building to house it. so he probably has ruffly 3mil into just the tools to make this dodad. He sells this dodad at $200.00.

Guy #2 sees this dodad goes out buys a welder a and a plasma cutter hires a guy to do the welding and a nother to do the cutting and another to do the grinding gets material and works out of his garage. He may have $200.000.00 invested. but since his dodad is different but perfors the same fuction maybe a little better. He sells his for $1,000.00.

There is a lot more to it I know.

Who is generating more profit?

And if you dont think there is such a price jump compare some of RBP to some other stuff. But some how they are in business and people buy it.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts