Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well took the truck out today and I went to take a corner and my steering wheel was extremely hard to turn (no powersteering),... then it started working again. Now its cutting in and out when it wants too?:doh: Fluid is full and its not making any noises, belts new and its not slipping. Is it time for a new PS pump, or could it be something else?? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
its most likely the steering gear if it gets hard then goes normal randomy there may be junk in the fluid or build up on the valves and such in the gear

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where is the steering gear? Are you talking about the steering box mounted on the frame? Also my steering has be a little hard for about 6 months now so I was kinda expecting something to go... :(

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yes the steering box on the frame is bad. Replace it and flush the fluid out and replace with all new fluid to prevent cross contamination of the metal from the bad steering box.

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok im going to look into that! Thanks for all the help speeddemon!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
pwrstoke247, sent you a pm. I have the same problem. Getting worse, reluctant to send my wife out with the truck now, she doesn't have armstrong steering.

·
"Strokin"
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out it was just my steering column! It was so badly worn out and the bearings fell apart that they were catching and causing the wheel to be hard to turn!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts