Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with shipping my turbo to them and them saying it takes 6 weeks to decide on warranty. Truck has had oil changes every 4k with rotella t6 and oem oil filter, never shut off with egts above 300, never had egts above 1200, oem air filter it whole life, basically a very well maintained vehicle. Compressor wheel showed no FOD, turbine showed no signs of high egts. Just plain and simple the bearings wore out and and radial play was enough to start causing housing damage. Its amazing how they think 6 weeks is acceptable. Turbo is only 8-10 months old to. So now im debating buying another with the batmowheel, or getting a fixed just becuase i am fed up with garrette.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
That sucks. I think 6 weeks is a little much as well. I could understand a 3 week turn around.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Thats odd wonder why

·
NSTY 6OH
207 Posts
That really doesnt make sense. 6 weeks to determine a faulty turbo?

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Do they ship you a loaner or loaner vehicle? I wouldnt be on the internet posting i would be on the phone

·
<--won't start
235 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seems excessive.

I would just call every single day. Being polite but persistent. When they get annoyed from always hearing from you, I would continue to be polite but persistent. Being a dic (not saying you are, but in general) will not get you very far.

never had egts above 1200
Really? I get to 1200 pulling out of my driveway LOL

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
That sucks. If you don't have a turbo to put in your out of comission for 6 weeks. You basically are stuck buying a replacement then hoping they credit you the cost I guess. Non vgt turbos are looking better and better

·
Registered
255 Posts
this is the first bad thing I have read about the powermax

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Thats pretty standard Garrett warranty talk. Are you dealing with your vendor you bought it from?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes contacted the vendor, they told me to ship it to garrette so I dont actually have a number for them, They just called them when they got it and said 6 weeks they said. What a joke. Nope no loaner, so my truck sits in the driveway.

I could see 1 week easily, 2 weeks maybe, 3 weeks you are pushing it, 6 weeks common. You can pretty much look at a turbo and tell if its been abused. I see them everyday and it doesnt take me 6 weeks.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Do they do forensics on the turbo? I mean come on?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts