Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if a stoke motor can handle a powermax or does it need more mods? sry in advance i am asking something that everyone has heard a 1000x. i am thing bout building my truck just looking for info thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'll start by saying that I'm somewhat mechanically inclined but by no means am I a diesel tech. I can just tell you what I have on my 2004. Everything performance related on my truck was done by a diesel shop in Wisconsin by the previous owner before I bought it. My 6.0 is basically stock since everything other than the SCT tuner is bolt on stuff. I have an Air Raid Cold air induction kit and a turbo back 4" MBRP exhaust. I have a Garrett Powermax with Wicked wheel II. I know that the powermax produces 30% more air flow (I only know this from a diesel podcast with some guys from Holderdown performance). I also know that to make more power you need a few basic things.... to get more air in and to get more air (exhaust) out. So while in my opinion the powermax will not hurt your factory setup you may want to consider a larger (and less restrictive) exhaust to benefit from it. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts