Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that's has a air dog 2 sct with vivans tunes and a brand new powermax turbo for a grand is that a bad deal ? My truck has a Egr delete but no studs would it be safe to run the powermax with stock injectors?

·
strokin baby!!!!!!!!
418 Posts
Thats a good deal. turbos about 1200, air dogs about 600-700, sct 350-400. you will just have to get the sct vin unlocked....... I have installed a few powermax on stock injectors truck and havent seen any problems.

·
matt
911 Posts
yes, but only with mild tuning, but still its not a IF its WHEN they blow

·
Registered
756 Posts
That seems like a hell of a deal to me. Pmax is $1100 at least, Air dog is like $700 I think plus $400 or so for the SCT. And yes you can run a powermax with stock injectors

EDIT: bronco beat me to it lol

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He pulled it off his truck returned to stock it should be unlocked right?

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
I'll give ya $1,200 for all that right now. Easy $200. :D

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll buy it and if for some reason I dont like it ill take you up on that offer

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just put the sct on it said unlocks 4 what happens when you run out of unlocks?

·
Registered
182 Posts
no unlucks = $150 to SCT for them to restore it. Then you have 5 unlocks again

·
Registered
772 Posts
If he returned the sct to stock then you do not need to unlock it I believe. May be wrong though....

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea its unlocked and on my truck at the moment so therefore its locked again its got 4 unlockes left what's it worth if I wanted to sell it looney looney wild and looney track?

·
Registered
591 Posts
smokin deal. if its locked to your truck now itll have 3 unlocks if you went to sell it

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Your right just looked at it 3 unlocked left wich still ant bad

·
Registered
591 Posts
not at all.

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What could I sell the sct for I really want a livewire

·
Premium Member
3,402 Posts
The tuning will not necessarily run on another truck. You would need your buddies PCM strategy to be sure the tunes will work. Keep the whole kit and get some tunes for your new setup!!

Great deal!!

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put the powermax and sct on noticed more pep in the pedal on looney I'm really scared of blowing my heads off the block though I've just been easy on it untill I get studs I bought everything dirt cheap and would I notice more power with the air dog??

·
powerstroker6.0
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I put the powermax and sct on noticed more pep in the pedal on looney I'm really scared of blowing my heads off the block though I've just been easy on it untill I get studs I bought everything dirt cheap and would I notice more power with the air dog??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts