Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
06 F250
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a major upgrade but I'm getting a Powermax installed next week. Have a couple questions though.

I'm staying with stock injectors and will be running my SRL+ till I can get a live tune. Shouldn't have any ill effects from this correct? I probably wont be seeing the max potential but my main concern is that I don't hurt anything by not recalibrating for the added airflow.

I'm used to late model GM (gas) vehicles being more finicky about small adjustments. Dont want to run into any lean conditions or anything like that.

Thanks,
Jon

·
Maroon truck guy
427 Posts
you will want to get new tunes wrote for the p max.

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
Yore gonna love it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Send Matt an email. He will make it oohhh taaayyy.

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
I'm in the exact same boat. PM should be here tomorrow, and getting it put in sometime next week. Staying with the stock sticks, gonna have my tunes reflashed for the new screw. I'm stoked so i know how you feel!:ford:

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Yall are going to like it. Got to push mine to get over 1200-1400

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
I ran a new turbo and sticks without changing tunes for a while. Not that giant of a difference IMO.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
wish was doing the same...mines been sitting in the shop in the box since january.....NOT HAPPY!!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Why don't you put it on? Changing turbos is not that difficult...
i got bad head gaskets, so i was gona do the turbo, cass's 190 sticks, new tuner fuel system, egr delete...list of other stuff...me n my buddy are doing the work but hes got the shop and been busy so it just sits right now...might just pull the motor and do the work myself....too much in parts just sitting around....

·
WINNING
1,325 Posts
i got bad head gaskets, so i was gona do the turbo, cass's 190 sticks, new tuner fuel system, egr delete...list of other stuff...me n my buddy are doing the work but hes got the shop and been busy so it just sits right now...might just pull the motor and do the work myself....too much in parts just sitting around....
Got ya! Get it done... Those Casserly 190's will make you have a huge smile on your face. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold mine, but oh well they are being put to good use now.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Got ya! Get it done... Those Casserly 190's will make you have a huge smile on your face. Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold mine, but oh well they are being put to good use now.
yea i know...ryans a great guy spoke to him a few time..just waiting for the word from my buddy so i can get the truck ripped apart and order the sticks

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I ran a new turbo and sticks without changing tunes for a while. Not that giant of a difference IMO.
Thank you, another who realizes this. Once you have an all out tune there is not much to change. Your just getting bigger sticks to flow more fuel and bigger nozzles to get all that fuel out faster. Custom tunes for those injectors are not going to change much to give you more power.

·
06 F250
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the information guys. I have Matt making changes and sending me new tunes for the turbo.

Jon

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
Thank you, another who realizes this. Once you have an all out tune there is not much to change. Your just getting bigger sticks to flow more fuel and bigger nozzles to get all that fuel out faster. Custom tunes for those injectors are not going to change much to give you more power.
Haha right? I thought the same logic. Maybe less low rpm fueling with bigger injectors. I'm sure there are parameters to adjust to your setup but I can't make any more power on my new tunes yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just put my new Powermax in the day I got it, first time swapping a turbo. It was not that difficult but took my time; sounds awesome and I have my SCT w/ID tunes tweaked for the Powermax. Seems to spool a little quicker with the tweaking. I love it!

·
burning mine saving yours
183 Posts
I just put my new Powermax in the day I got it, first time swapping a turbo. It was not that difficult but took my time; sounds awesome and I have my SCT w/ID tunes tweaked for the Powermax. Seems to spool a little quicker with the tweaking. I love it!
Just got mine done today too. Can't wipe the smile off my face. Truck feels a tad different than stock, and seems like it takes less boost/throttle to get up to speed. All my gauges check out, and truck feels happy. ID extreme street is schweet with the powermax. This weekend gonna load the tow tune up and put it to work, i expect i'll be just as happy:evil

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
So with stock injectors and tuning adjustments it spools better than stock?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts