Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F-250 Super Cab Lariat with the 40/20/40 bench seat in the front. I am wanting to add a subwoofer for a little more bass, mainly to take pressure off the speakers. I have been looking at Kicker, Alpine, and Cerwin Vega as they make compact sub/amp combo boxes meant to fit under seats. Usually they go under either the driver or passenger seat, but I am wondering if I can fit it in between the front center seat and the transmission tunnel hump. These boxes are only about 3 inches tall and meant to slide in tight spots like this. Has anybody done this or seen it done before? This would be the best scenario if it is possible. These boxes are ready to wire and use for only about $250.

Reactions: Strokersace

·
Administrator
8,294 Posts
I haven't seen it. My guess is to pull the seat and see if you can build a custom box under it

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I did this years and years ago in another truck. They actually make a box that replaces the “20” seat. I believe it’s called a stealth box by jl. I got a knock off that the center console bolted right up to on fleabay for about 100 bucks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Those powered console boxes have much to be desired for. Even 'name' you think of quality like JL ends up being junk, they stuff the chittiest woofer they make that's glowing red at 200RMS and people expect miracles out of it. It's awkward and annoying to have a vibrating box under your arm all the time too, and even though bass is omnidirectional you can still tell it's coming from somewhere....wrong.

The JL my buddy bought was over $700 and surprisingly for JL complete junk. The woofer wasn't even a known JL line like WS series or any of the other knowns... It was just a tiny magnet with little to no markings to reveal it's identity

I've written a few things about lifting the back seat for deep Xmax subs and also about the availability of dual 8/10/12 under seat boxes ($90) that are direct fit with no mods, all you gotta do is hide a much bigger amp now that you have room to choose a pair of subs that can really move some air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts