Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
powersmoker73
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't smolder the rear tires off my truck like I want, what do I do next? I need the truck reliable and for towing, but who doesn't wana blow off the rear tires every once in awhile??? Everything done to my truck is listed in my sig....say what you like about DP they have been nothing but awesome for me. Open to any and all suggestions.

-Pete

·
Registered
353 Posts
For me personally I have TW tunes on my obs and I love them, but my dad has DP on his SD and loves them. But I would suggest putting a tymar intake on your truck, it surprisingly makes quite a difference, not to mention a bit better filtration. Just my personal opinion.

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
Dp tuner is a great tuning company I had good experiences with them when I had stock injectors. I think Jody has mastered the stock injectored truck with all the tuning options and the transmission tuning. Call him up and ask what he thinks you should do. Probably a set of stage 1 or 2 injectors and a 38r

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I can't smolder the rear tires off my truck like I want, what do I do next? I need the truck reliable and for towing, but who doesn't wana blow off the rear tires every once in awhile??? Everything done to my truck is listed in my sig....say what you like about DP they have been nothing but awesome for me. Open to any and all suggestions.

-Pete
Get better tires LOL

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Dp tuner is a great tuning company I had good experiences with them when I had stock injectors. I think Jody has mastered the stock injectored truck with all the tuning options and the transmission tuning. Call him up and ask what he thinks you should do. Probably a set of stage 1 or 2 injectors and a 38r
Jody would know for sure, he has riden with a few guys whose trucks were breaking loose at fifty, doing live tunes. I imagine he remembers a few setups....lol

But you may need more air and fuel, minor -major tranny work.

·
Registered
14,568 Posts
I would start looking at your ICP and trying to figure out where you're losing horsepower... A tuned SuperDuty should be able to roast them...

Jet programmer on 38's...

Custom tunes on 33's all the way through OD...

·
powersmoker73
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips...and cool vids those trucks sound real good! Probably go after the valve body and see how I like it. I'm pretty confident I could do injectors myself, I like the sounds of getting more powerful ones and detuning them a bit

·
Registered
744 Posts
My obs with a chip would roast them... NOw I cant keep traction

·
powersmoker73
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A 6.4 would be ideal. Not guna lie the modern trucks turn me off. I have a friend with both a 6.0 and 6.4, and oddly enough they both smell like coolant after running. This site has more than enough info for horsepower...just takes money!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.