Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so after I finished installing gauges in my truck the power windows just stopped working. I checked 20 amp fuse for the power windows and it is fine. Also, I am using the fuse panel to power my gauges and they work fine. I'm stumped on trying to figure this out.

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
Is there power to the switches?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't know if this is helpful for your year model but I've read some forums that talk about the module that controls the windows is located under the dash and that it's common for the windshields to leak and damage this module. I have a 2002 that has intermittent issues with the power windows but so far they have started working again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The only thing that works on the master switch is the power locks but on the passenger side the switch will only unlock not lock. So I'm guessing that means I'm still getting power to the switches right??

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
do you have an alarm with remote open?

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
I don't know if this is helpful for your year model but I've read some forums that talk about the module that controls the windows is located under the dash and that it's common for the windshields to leak and damage this module. I have a 2002 that has intermittent issues with the power windows but so far they have started working again.
99-03 have the gem module that has the windshield leak problem causing damage. Obs trucks don't have one.

·
Registered
115 Posts
99-03 have the gem module that has the windshield leak problem causing damage. Obs trucks don't have one.
would this shut down your radio as well? my windows and radio lose power at times for several minutes. 2002

Sorry for the hijack. free bumb? :D

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I a going to guess where you tapped in for your gauge power you screwed something up. Maybe now it is not making a full connection to the window circuit

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
would this shut down your radio as well? my windows and radio lose power at times for several minutes. 2002

Sorry for the hijack. free bumb? :D
Yes, I had a 01 that needed a gem for same reasons. Good luck finding a new one ford stopped making them. I had to pay for one to be shipped from Alaska. Sold the truck shortly after. I'm pretty sure all this is in the super duty section......

·
obs addiction
1,054 Posts
I a going to guess where you tapped in for your gauge power you screwed something up. Maybe now it is not making a full connection to the window circuit
:whs: Brads prolly right, he's always right :poke:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea but I even unhooked the gauges from the truck and the windows still did not work… All fuses in the fuse panel and distribution box are fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All windows do no not work and I checked the lock button too.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Sorry brain fart last night. The power windows do not use a Fuse. they use a circuit braker

Also, if you bent the pin where sit goes buy tapping it with the gauges, it may not be making continuity even though the circuit braker is still good

1 - 15 of 15 Posts