Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my right rear window wouldn't go up or down when using the driver's panel. Using the switch on the door itself let the window go down, but it wouldn't go up. Luckily the wiring for the Excursion is the same as the crew cabs, so I found a diagram and first figured out how to get the window back up in case it rained. After a little more tinkering, I found out I have a cut wire somewhere in there. There's a yellow wire with a black stripe that goes from the switch on the rear door to the switch on the driver's door. It's supposed to be a straight shot, yet no continuity. So, I have a break. Before I go tearing into things, I just wanted to ask if anyone else has ever seen something similar to this and has a suggestion on where to start looking. I'm already figuring I'll start at the obvious pinch points and flex areas.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Weather - I noticed the other day that the insulation on my wires where they go from body to door is cracking so I'd agree with starting there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a similar issue on mine with the passanger side rear window, the window went down and would not roll up with either the drivers switch or the switch on the affected door. I ended up having two issues, the first was a wire in the loom between the doorjam, after i fixed that i had continuity and the circuit in the door was good but the window would still not roll up. The second issue was in the drivers control switch itself, it is part of and completes the circuit, there was a short in the swith when i tested it, I replaced the drivers switch and everything works fine

1 - 3 of 3 Posts