Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F350 super duty(7.3).
I am looking to squeeze out more horsepower/torque. The engine is completely stock. I would like some input as to what mods and manufacturers the members here recommend. From mundane to insane. The truck is not a daily driver and probably will be used mostly for towing/hotshot.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Next step would be an exhaust and intake then a programmer of some sorts. Most people like the ts chip with a company's tune. Also want to get some gauges if you will be towing while tuned. That's step one. Anything after that you are probably looking in to turbo, injectors, and possibly a built tranny to handle the power.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,409 Posts
Ts is outdated and has been for a while. A hydra chip and tunes from Power Hungry Performance is the go-to for 7.3s these days.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
287 Posts
Guess I am outdated. I had a php burner back in the day. My truck and I am sure most other guys as well keep their truck on one tune for the most part. Mine stays on daily unless I am towing. So for me the need to have so many tunes is unappealing. That said if they are the same price then by all means.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
College Student
212 Posts
I have a TS-6 and would look at hydra over it. Mainly because if you want to reprogram it, hydra doesn't require you to pull the chip out and send it in. Just plug a USB in to a computer.....
Unless you like to pull the PCM out. After the 3rd time of pulling the PCM, you can have the time it takes dropped to about 10-15 min all said and done.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
458 Posts
I have a 2000 F350 super duty(7.3).
I am looking to squeeze out more horsepower/torque. The engine is completely stock. I would like some input as to what mods and manufacturers the members here recommend. From mundane to insane. The truck is not a daily driver and probably will be used mostly for towing/hotshot.
what is your budget and goals?

really can not make any recommendations that will be worth a **** without some info from you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my budget is to stay below $4000, goal is more torque, acceleration. It has an automatic transmission

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you have any, I would start with fixing all the little dumb issues and minor leaks. adding power makes all that get worse, much worse lol. Just to stay basic and cheap; gauges, hutch and harpoon, inline suction filter\water separator, AEM fuel pump, stage 1's with a chip and tunes of your choice, a 4 line feed, turbo rebuild and upgraded compressor housing. If you shop around, that should leave just enough for the bluetooth speaker and 2 cases of beer it will take to hammer all that out. You will definitely notice an increase in power and as long as you don't coast downhill in M1, or do a lot of stop sign holeshot's, your trans should hold up, but you could extend its life with an aftermarket tuned valve body. That plus a little more is what I did in the first "phase" of my truck build.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts