Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy talked me into going through a little mud hole this afternoon, i had a bad feeling about it all along but eventually i said hell with it and gave it a shot. Long story short i didnt make it to the other side:pointlaugh:

Once i got pulled out i noticed i had no power steering and lost my brakes. I checked my power steering resv and it was empty. "Great I've got a busted hose somewhere." Filled resv back up, started the truck, turned the wheel what little i could then hopped out and looked for leaks. Sure enough i found one.

On some sort of cooler in front of the radiator, at the very bottom of it. A busted cooler fitting. Its about the size of a DVD box but more "square." I was able to pull both hoses off the cooler and patch it together to get back to the house.

What cooler is this? Tranny or does our powersteering have its own cooler as well? Its split in between the first and second fin. Unless they can be sodered back together this coolers toast. How much would one of these run from the local Ford?

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
it is a powersteering cooler. when i put a hole in mine i went to my local salvage yard and picked up one off an 03 for like 15 bucks..it bolted up diffrent on my e99 but it worked and was up lil higher away from road debris.

any 3 or 4 row cooler should work if you could find a way to mount it...

·
Canadian Stroker
577 Posts
Yes you are right it is a power steering cooler. Try the wrecker or ebay or the classifieds on here.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much do one of these things run new?

·
Registered
492 Posts
its a tranny cooler, a kid i was working with broke on of these on out trucks, 01 f-350, in the middle of a pasture, he spranged his wrist getting it back to the barn. they arent to terrible, try a salvage yard.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
its a powerstrering cooler. cant be to much for a new one, but then again it is from the dealer so im not sure, maybe check with your local parts store and see if they got one or maybe a universial cooler about the same size

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell I can't beat that deal. It's worth just buyin a new one from autozone. Esp if all in the pic is included

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much

·
Registered
463 Posts
Doubt I'll let it go for $20 but I also have the reservoir, cooler, and pump.

$40 Plus Shipping? I really don't know what it's worth. Just trying to recoup some money from buying an engine this weekend!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you just sell the cooler seperate? That's all I need

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
For 20 bucks, just go buy it, throw the extra parts in your parts bin. Somebody will need them and be really happy to give you 20 bucks for them.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The superduties burn the hell out of the PS fluid. This is a great opportunity to put in a bigger cooler. Maybe put it up higher on the A/C condenser to prevent this kind of damage from happening again.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Picking up the kit from autozone today. Is there a certain PS fluid thats better than others?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts