Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a time now I have been experienceing a losss of steering on my truck when driving slowly or using the brakes.
Set up for the truck,

8in lift- Fabtec
Fabtec dual steering stabilizer
35x13.50/17 Irok rads
Truck weighs in at 8300 lbs

Brother has short bed with same lift hight
37x13.50R20 kumho M/Ts
Does not have steering fade that i have.

I've checked the power steering resivore and each time it is full, never had to add to it. Checked with ford tech and was told that all of them do that. That dont seem right to me because I almost hit a poll with it a few times.
Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks.

·
Registered
868 Posts
try bleeding the lines..you could have some air. did it do it when you had smaller tires on it?

i know on some 03s they had steering problems. my friends dad had to get a whole new system.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i know on some 03s they had steering problems. my friends dad had to get a whole new system.
Good thing to know. Might explain my 03s troubles.

Mine has some problems with the steering at lower speeds, and my pump makes a lot of noise sometimes.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
For a time now I have been experienceing a losss of steering on my truck when driving slowly or using the brakes.
Set up for the truck,

8in lift- Fabtec
Fabtec dual steering stabilizer
35x13.50/17 Irok rads
Truck weighs in at 8300 lbs

Brother has short bed with same lift hight
37x13.50R20 kumho M/Ts
Does not have steering fade that i have.

I've checked the power steering resivore and each time it is full, never had to add to it. Checked with ford tech and was told that all of them do that. That dont seem right to me because I almost hit a poll with it a few times.
Has anyone had this happen to them?

Thanks.
Have your steering box cheaked I had to have mine replaced with less than 2000mi. It seems that when ford redid the front end thay changed the steering box and the manufactuer (same company as GM:doh:). My truck had a bad casting and was leaking through the case yours may have an internal leak and is not keeping the preasure at low speeds.

·
Registered
646 Posts
03 steering boxes are sh*tty the always screw up or leak after a short period of time. On those trucks you cannot ever dry steer them if you have bigger tires because they will crap out on you. Best upgrade use a 2002 or mod up to a 2005-06. Early 04 boxes are also bad. Most of them were cast bad and have internal pressure loss.

·
Oil anyone?
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is an 06', should i replace the box with a new one or try getting ford to pay for it.?

·
Registered
918 Posts
my 2002 has horrible steering with 35s on it.... Never had it with stock tires though

1 - 10 of 10 Posts