Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side mirror on my 2011 King Ranch has stopped folding in. The passenger side still works fine. The drivers side folds in a little and screeches as it tries to fold in. Does anyone have info as to how to take the mirror apart to get to the internal motors and gears?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have heard it is not a serviceable repair. Basically you junk the entire mirror and replace it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried with my mirror as well. Save the headache and replace the whole mirror. You must take the glass out and it will become loose after removing it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My mirrors stopped folding and adjusting.took it to the dealer and they found a faulty wire causing the problem. Second faulty wire I've had, first time was the airbag sensor wire causing the light to stay on in the cluster. Only in this day and age do wires go bad after a couple years

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wiring problem with me also. Same fault was not letting power to the map lights. Fixed, but now I have no telescope on the driver's side.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have heard it is not a serviceable repair. Basically you junk the entire mirror and replace it.

You can buy upgraded replacement motors and metal gears for the ford mirrors now so you dont have to junk expensive mirrors just because the fold or telescope feature fails.

Look here on gruvenparts website in the Ford section.

Hope that helps you save a paycheck or 2 in this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can buy upgraded replacement motors and metal gears for the ford mirrors now so you dont have to junk expensive mirrors just because the fold or telescope feature fails.

Look here on gruvenparts website in the Ford section.

Hope that helps you save a paycheck or 2 in this.
You have resurrected a thread the is over 5 years since last response.

Hopefully by now he has solved the problem?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts