Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a power inverter from a friend. He didn't have the original instructions and never installed it himself. So my question is what gauge wire do I need to feed it. It is a 1500/3000 watt inverter, and is a direct wire to battery type.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In cab thinking under the middle seat in the front.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The brand is rubbed off, but it's a 1500 with 3000 peak so it's not always running 3000. And as far as the location it is about as close as I could get it to the floor ducts which is usually what I use to cool my truck. If o mounted it anywhere else it would be in a hotter location. Someone on another thread suggested 4 gauge wire, I think that's little much personally. What do you think?

·
Administrator
32,930 Posts
i was thinking 4-6 but there are plenty of inverter sites that you could get a real# from
the inverter on my boat is a 2500 watt and it required welding cable

but it's not an overrated inverter it will run a microwave or AC all day long and has internal cooling

post a pic of it i bet we can find it ?

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to track down some info on it. It's a craftsman brand, it has a positive and negative side that needs to go directly to the battery and a separate ground. It has a cooling fan, and will run anywhere from 1500-3000 depending on the load. So looks like if I hook a microwave to it I'll need bigger cable. LoL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts