Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
airman
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st off, Merry Christmas!!!

So it's pretty late, I'm tired, and I'm brain storming......not good lol. I'm thinking it would be cool to remove my spare tire and build an enclosure out of diamond plate or stainless steel. Inside this enclosure would hold a battery, an inverter, and a small air compressor. The exterior of this enclosure would be plumed for air hose hookup and weather proof outlets. Now my truck is by no means a "play truck" or "off road toy" BUT alot of people do turn to me for recovery and I love it. I've always wanted to set my truck up for off road, even if it stays a "pavement pounder." What I haven't thought of is how to keep the battery charged. Even if I never use any of this for "off road", I can use air tools for road side emergencies or where power isn't available like out in the back of my field and same goes for the inverter. Has anyone seen a setup like this???

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Not inside a custom spare tire box.... yes I have a compressor and air tank PO installed it for front air locker, airing tires, wrenches and air horns....

I installed a 1500 inverter under center console seat. I use both of these on a daily basis and can't imagine not having them now. Kinda like a leatherman multi tool...

·
Registered
868 Posts
I really want to hard wire a inverter in my truck for using power tools, battery charters at the track yada yada...
Any tips where to wire in or just hard wire it to the battery?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
The PO on my sig truck had wired in a heavy duty positive wire (like 2.0 welding cable) running the full length of truck. He hooked it to the main power wire right on the starter and ran it down the passenger side of the truck to the rear bumper. At the rear of the cab under the passenger seat he installed some very large blade fuses and block. Off this fuse block he ran power outputs to stereo, DVD player etc. I used this power distribution block to route power to my in cab under front seat (centre console) 1500 watt inverter. Also have a smaller 400 watt inverter for kids to charge iPhones etc in the back seat area. At the rear of the truck is a Warn winch quick plug end...

So far inverter has worked awesome for drills, skill saw, charging iPhone etc. As my in dash stereo is some what dated but has RCA inputs I purchased a wire harness for my iphone whereby I charge it via above inverter and hooks to my RCA inputs so I can play tunes via Ipod in phone...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts