Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys i am new to site but i have always loved diesels and i finaly got one and i have some questions on what to get to bumb up the power? I plan on a cold air kit, 5 inch exhaust And sct tuner I want to blow a good bit of smoke. What should i do after that i am looking to get the most power that i can trying to stay under 5k anyone have any good sugestions?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Intake, Exhaust, and a SCT... Well you are on the right track so far! Get some custom tunes on the SCT for an awesome amount of power!! After that I suggest supporting mods like a fuel system upgrade, gauges, egr delete, and if funds allow, studs.

·
Not Winning.
1,397 Posts
if you want power, take care of some of the other basics first, EGR delete, and head studs. that should give you a fairly reliable platform to work off of

·
get busy livin
191 Posts
deffinatley go with head studs it will save you in the long run

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
GO WITH HEADSTUDS AND EGR DELETE!!! the chip and exhaust are under 1000 total so wait on that till later, you don't need an intake until you get into bigger turbos and injectors anyways so don't even think about it for now.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Stick with a 4" exhaust and stock intake until you have over 550 rwhp and headstuds.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Realy? What would it take to get around 550 hp?
Turbo, injectors with all the supporting mods... I suggest get a intake just because dealing with the stock one is a b1tch!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Stock intake is a piece of cake if you do it right, and it filters a lot better than aftermarket intakes and flows good air.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Gauges, Gauges, Gauges!!! That's what IMHO EVERYONE needs before they mod these 6.0's.But opinions are like XXXholes

1 - 12 of 12 Posts