Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got my current lift powdercoated, but I'm going to put an 8 inch bds lift on it sometime in the future. I'm going to get out powdercoated a different color and I was just curious about the leaf springs.

I know some leaf packs have little plastic pieces between the leaves so I would think they would melt during the powdercoating, but I don't know if the bds leaf springs have these. I read that's it's best to do the leaf pack as a whole so there isn't any build up of the coating in between leaves. Then later from sliding against each other a gap forms between the leaves and you'll eventually have a loose pack which is no good.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
319 Posts
So I've got my current lift powdercoated, but I'm going to put an 8 inch bds lift on it sometime in the future. I'm going to get out powdercoated a different color and I was just curious about the leaf springs.

I know some leaf packs have little plastic pieces between the leaves so I would think they would melt during the powdercoating, but I don't know if the bds leaf springs have these. I read that's it's best to do the leaf pack as a whole so there isn't any build up of the coating in between leaves. Then later from sliding against each other a gap forms between the leaves and you'll eventually have a loose pack which is no good.

Anyone have experience with this?
Hey man it's jaymothafawkingz from Instagram, ask Taylor blas on ig about this! He has he's BDS springs PC white and I know he had issues with em, just a thought!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man it's jaymothafawkingz from Instagram, ask Taylor blas on ig about this! He has he's BDS springs PC white and I know he had issues with em, just a thought!
Oh hey, I didn't realize that was you. Yeah I've thought about asking him but it's just hard to get him with all of his followers on there lol. I was wondering how the powdercoat holds up with the spring flexing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
319 Posts
Oh hey, I didn't realize that was you. Yeah I've thought about asking him but it's just hard to get him with all of his followers on there lol. I was wondering how the powdercoat holds up with the spring flexing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Dm him! I think that's exactly what he had issues with! Look through his pics, he posted some on there about!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts