Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my fuel filter bracket made. Tried to make hard lines for it but didn't like them. Had braided SS lines made and they still didn't turn out like wanted but its functional. Hopefully after I get off work in the morning I'll finish getting everything installed.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
How are you going to be mounting it?

The fit and finish look great.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had it powdercoated along with a bunch of horsestall materials. My buddy cut it out on his waterjet. Its mounted to the bottom of the frame just ahead of the fuel tank. Used the three holes on the bottom flange in the second picture to mount it.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
OK. My brain was not working and it kept looking like you would have to install it upside down.:doh: That would not have worked for water sep or changing filters. LOL

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
good looking bracket.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Good looking setup

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What are the specs on the 2 filters?
I was looking at a racor twin mount but was thinking
It was over kill unless I went something like 30, then 10
They make a 2 micron but i'd stick it after the pump loser to the cab

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I love it when guys post up photos of nice work.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finished it up and went and filled the tank. Truck runs 100% better. Before when I turned the ignition on the fuel pressure gauge would slam 80psi then drop to 65. Now it steadily rises to 65. I knew I had air in fuel problems. Still seems low on power. Might still have an air leak or need new injectors.

When I get on it hard the fuel pressure gauge starts bouncing and it bucks and jerks.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Finished it up and went and filled the tank. Truck runs 100% better. Before when I turned the ignition on the fuel pressure gauge would slam 80psi then drop to 65. Now it steadily rises to 65. I knew I had air in fuel problems. Still seems low on power. Might still have an air leak or need new injectors.

When I get on it hard the fuel pressure gauge starts bouncing and it bucks and jerks.

Have you done any tank pick up mods?

When you had it spiking 80 and then coming down to 65 what was the setup? Did you have a pre / post pump filter setup or a fuel bowl or ???

Did you put any check valves on the setup?

Is this the same Stock SD fuel pump that you have been running?

What are the specs on the 2 filters?
I was looking at a racor twin mount but was thinking
It was over kill unless I went something like 30, then 10
They make a 2 micron but i'd stick it after the pump loser to the cab
The filters and bases are from Dennis at ITP/Sinister.
Baldwin BF1212 (Fuel/Water Separator Spin-on with Drain)
- 20 microns absolute Beta Ratio: b7=7 (average efficiency of 86.34%)
- Water stripping: 97-99% free water, 92-95% emulsified water
- Dirt holding capacity of 35.9 grams
- 579.0 sq in of filtration median
- Max flow rating of 210gph.
- Thread: 1-14
- O.D.: 3 11/16" (93.7mm)
- Length: 7 7/16" (188.9mm)

Baldwin BF7633 (High Efficiency Fuel Spin-on )
- (this is commonly referred to as a 2 mic filter, buts its not. Its the Nominal rating: 2 mic @ 50% Beta Ratio b2=2)
- 5 microns absolute. Beta Ratio: b5=55 (average efficiency of 98.11%)
- Dirt holding capacity of 27.4 grams
- 701.6 sq in of filtration media
- Max flow rating of 170gph.
- Thread: 1"-14
- O.D.: 3 11/16" (93.7mm)
- Length: 7 1/8" (181.0mm)

Baldwin FB1311 (Fuel Filter Base)
- Bracket Bolt Holes 3/8-16 UNC-2B
- Threaded Stud 1"-14
- O.D.: 3 19/32" (91.3mm)
- Inlet: 7/8"-14 UNF
- Outlet: 7/8"-14 UNF

·
Registered
54 Posts
I dont post much, but that is a very nice and compact filtration setup. Dennis told me once that the 7633 filter has a hard time with fuel being pushed through it, I wonder if that factory fuel pump is struggling to push through? Very nice setup though, Im going to redo my setup and do the exact same thing if the factory pump can push fuel through the 7633.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Have you done any tank pick up mods?

When you had it spiking 80 and then coming down to 65 what was the setup? Did you have a pre / post pump filter setup or a fuel bowl or ???

Did you put any check valves on the setup?

Is this the same Stock SD fuel pump that you have been running?

Yes the ITP prepump stuff.

No fuel bowl. The ITP prepump setup.

No check valves.

Replaced the orginal pump maybe two months ago with a new one and picked up 2 mpg.

Had an hour drive to jobsite today pulling trailer, maybe 7k. Still sucking air in from somewhere when its pulling hard. Alot better than it was but still needs some work. I tightened the fittings on front of the fuel rails. I'm wondering if the ones on the rear need to be tightened also.

But EGTs are down, engine is quieter, more power, and I can tell the mileage is up.

Also replaced all the fuel lines with braided SS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts