Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So instead of starting my very own special thread to post pictures of my truck, Why don't we get a "official" post pics thread for your detailed trucks

new or old pictures, Lets at least get it started.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This was about 4 months ago.. Minor scratch free No swirls..lol Some major scratches, Dents, Dings, But shes all mine:ford:

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Looks beutiful.Nice job bamboo,nothing like a clean obs. You don't see that here in the rust belt of michigan.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Old 6.4 after clay bar and wax

Fummins after clay bar and wax

·
Registered
150 Posts
At a local show a year or so ago.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here is one of my last truck. We did a complete 3 step on it after I got this truck to Hawaii. I will have a complete build on my new 6.4 Harley Crew which will include a lot of pics of a complete detail. The new truck will stay at our Vegas house.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks beutiful.Nice job bamboo,nothing like a clean obs. You don't see that here in the rust belt of michigan.
Thanks man

Here is one of my last truck. We did a complete 3 step on it after I got this truck to Hawaii. I will have a complete build on my new 6.4 Harley Crew which will include a lot of pics of a complete detail. The new truck will stay at our Vegas house.
Willis,
22" super singles? And is that thing in Hawaii now? What island you on?

And lets see those closeup's of the paint.. You can hide any thing from a distance:ford:
Looking good every one!

Matt, That Fummins looks great bro, Jealous of that one, you gotta clay the OBS next!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Bamboo,

Howzit my braddah. The truck used to be on Big Island. Then I sold it to a school teacher on Oahu that lives up Pearl City side. And yes those are one of the original sets of the 10 lug Alcoas from AF, loved them, stamped with all the alcoa info on them. Bro I dont have any close up of the paint, but I can assure you after the 3 step it was 98% corrected. I co-own one of the top detail places in the Bay Area (SF) and opening a new shop in Vegas. :) I will do a write up on the new one Im building. Ill def get 50/50 and pics of each step. ;-) The new truck will probably take 20-25 hours in total work time. But I am doing everything inside and out. So that way its all upkeep after that. You truck looks good!!

P.S. For real detailed pics, best way is with a brinkman and LEDs then a direct straight close up sunlight pic. But all the truck on here look really good.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Paint Correction // 1/2010

Wash with Dawn liquid soap
Clay bar - Zaino
IPA wipedown (Isopropyl Alcohol)
Tape off badges/emblems/windows/trim (3M tape)
Meguiar's 105 Ultra Cut compound - Porter Cable 7424XP - Orange LC Pad
IPA wipedown
Meguiar's 205 Light Cut compound - Porter Cable 7424XP - Gray LC Pad
IPA wipedown
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - 4 applications

Before (under Halogen)

After (under Halogen)

Roughly 25 hours worth of work. I don't have a great direct-sunlight picture. But here's a crappy pic from last summer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Paint Correction // 1/2010

Wash with Dawn liquid soap
Clay bar - Zaino
IPA wipedown (Isopropyl Alcohol)
Tape off badges/emblems/windows/trim (3M tape)
Meguiar's 105 Ultra Cut compound - Porter Cable 7424XP - Orange LC Pad
IPA wipedown
Meguiar's 205 Light Cut compound - Porter Cable 7424XP - Gray LC Pad
IPA wipedown
Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant - 4 applications

Before (under Halogen)

After (under Halogen)

Roughly 25 hours worth of work. I don't have a great direct-sunlight picture. But here's a crappy pic from last summer.

That is a VERY nice single cab OBS. Good looking truck man.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I dont have a stroker yet, but in the meantime I like to keep my 150 pretty clean. This is the last time I cleaned it up this winter. It needs a good cleaning again though.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
here is a picture of mine detailed a few yrs ago.

And here is a picture of it detailed 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Willis, Thats too bad you sold um, would have been stoked to cruise in that thing! I'm trying to get me the same wheels just in 20's don't want to lift for 22's

Lossscause, Thanks for the IPA wipe down idea, I felt like I spent way to much time working the product off, Sounds like a "insiders tip" that really might make the difference

·
Registered
107 Posts
Shoot I wish I knew my braddah, my boy just placed a order from AF at a sick price. I was supposed to pick up another set for my new 6.4 but I already have a set of 22s and I should save money for my new shop and engagement ring...Ugggh. I really wanted those new AF super single EVO wheels in 22s. And the IPA wipe down helps in a jam. I dont use it too much but I dont "usually" have problem when paint correcting. But on really high end jobs it will get a IPA wipe down before the LSP.

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
These are the only pictures of my truck after detailing it. They aren't the best but she doesn't clean up too bad. I need to take a few days and do it right from bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
601 Posts
tjl - that truck is gorgeous. I always thought it was tough to make a OBS 2wd dually look good, but you did a great job. Very tasteful accessorizing.

·
Diesel Nut
510 Posts
tjl - that truck is gorgeous. I always thought it was tough to make a OBS 2wd dually look good, but you did a great job. Very tasteful accessorizing.
Thank you very much. I think that's the best compliment I've ever received.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts