Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i just want to give a special thanks to dieseltron for his custom pipes they fit great, and everyone else that gave my tips and links to get this done. Now for the performance news, it seems to have a lot more turbo lag, with the d66, water-meth and the cooler and mods in my sig i still see 1350 to 1400 when i accelerate to about 80mph! Is my pyro off or?? Also i made a boost leak detector and found a few small leaks and fixed them and before the install i could see 35psi and know i can barly get over 25 now:confused: any ideas off whats going on? I planed on a 3-4psi loss but not as much as im seeing and not the turbo lag. Also im not blowing the boots off ether. Let me now thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
New tunes...are needed

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there will be that much differance if i get my tunes updated since i put the intercooler on?? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just talked to jody at DP-Tuner and he said i don't need to have my chip reburnt. So what am i suppose to do now. My truck has less power and still gets hot with the mods i'm running what is going on!:confused:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heres the update i found that my intake plenums are leaking very bad!! What the best way to take them off and seal them up?? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Glad to hear you found your problem. I was thinking it would be the plenums.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Use the good grey sealer on those plenums. Part number is in the Library.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Is that the liquid ductape? I see they are selling that now.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Locktight make a great sealant..RTV6659

I thought you added the turbo and Meth and Inj's..so that would be a need for new tunes..my bad as it was only a IC change..

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all your guys help i got the passanger side done and cleaned up the top of the driverside. Then layed a nice bead of silcone along there seams how it wasn't leaking as bad and it looked like i needed to pull the turbo. Also i ened up using the "Right Stuff" that permatex makes. That stuff is great and expensive too! At first i didn't know what to do about the passanger side bolt that hits the hpop untill i relized the plenum is slotted for that bolt so you can slide it out. Thanks again and i'll let you know how it runs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats a sick shop light! ha I like it, my light is like that but only about a foot long. :eek:fftopic

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
To bad they don't have a price on them.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My light came from auto value and was about 80-100 dollars can't remember for sure. It's a great light and don't know what i would do with out it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts