Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had my air box off of my pickup a little bit ago trying to figure out my steering problem and i had walked into the shop to get something and im standing there and i hear my pickup fire up and i run outside telling them to shut it off. apprently it was my cousin and the excuse he had was that he was hot and he wanted to listen to the radio. it only ran for about 10 seconds but it made some damn noise that i have never heard before. should i be worried that something got sucked up into the turbo. i had just took the airbox off so there wasnt any dirt inside but im just worried it might have sucked something into it. any help is appreciated.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
pull the intake tube off the compressor housing and look your compressor wheel over real good

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
should i be looking for little chips or cracks?
both of those, and check end play on the shaft and how much side to side and up n down slack it has, i would imagine the sound u heard was the the turbo screaming without the intake muffling it, with no intake on it when the vgt cycles it will make some noise for sure

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts