Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driveing to work today wrench symbol pops up transmission gauge drops to cool side and truck sounds like its not wanting to shift , doesnt shift hard though when it does took to local a/p store they read code for me as i do not have tuner yet, code reads p0713 says fluid running hot should fluid run hot after 10 min. of driveing ,i wouldnt think so. could it be a bad sensor any help would be app. going to take to ford , powertrain should still be under warranty , we will see took truck in other day they wouldnt warranty egt12 sensor,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your problem sounds exactly like mine. In my research I found that the problem is most likely the transmission fluid temperature sensor. If the sensor is bad or not giving a reading to the control module it will place the truck in a limp home mode and not allow it to shift through all of it's gears. The truck will run in what is called a cold run mode where it will not be allowed to shift through all the gears until it reaches the proper temperature...I ordered my sensor from the dealer for $25 and I am going to replace my filter while I'm in there and the fluid of course..the filter runs about $80 and the gasket is re-useable but it runs about $55 out here in sunny California...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts